Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2011, 19:03   #1
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Default My 2002 tourer still going strong

I think I would update, since i last spoke about my 2002 tourer, I have had it since brand new nearly 9 years ago this coming June. I have to say its the best car i have ever had, The diesel engine is now on the 175000 miles all original and when i say original i mean it.

the Maf, diesel pumps, gators, clutch, exhaust,springs,bushes, everything..a truly British marvel....I would buy one of these again, absolutely fantastic. I just wnated to know who else in the club has one with very high mileage, and still going strong with the original parts.

so heres to Britains beauty..THE ROVER 75. SUCH CLASS.

martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 19:36   #2
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hi martin, glad your car is going well, great to see you on here again, been a while!!
Old 29th January 2011, 19:40   #3
martin green
Posted a thing or two

I know phil megga busy!!!! Just eyeing upa MG ZT 2008 08 for a friend of mine in starlight silver, becoming quiet sought after now very very late registered MG Rover cars...I had a gent write on the st1ng site only two days ago, wanting a very late mark 2 shape Rover 75 with either low miles or delivery miles.

just working on The MG for a customer and then I will switch to the Rover 75....Having the time to come onto this great site is the down side of business, also working alot in china at the moment.

how are you doing mate.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:47   #4
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
I know phil megga busy!!!! Just eyeing upa MG ZT 2008 08 for a friend of mine in starlight silver, becoming quiet sought after now very very late registered MG Rover cars...I had a gent write on the st1ng site only two days ago, wanting a very late mark 2 shape Rover 75 with either low miles or delivery miles.

just working on The MG for a customer and then I will switch to the Rover 75....Having the time to come onto this great site is the down side of business, also working alot in china at the moment.

how are you doing mate.
Not bad mate, I had to sell my 56 plate 75, I've now got a 1.8t which is cheaper in every aspect. The Marina bred and I've now got another one to go with it. Hope business is going well for you.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:49   #5
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hello Martin, great to see you back on.

What car is that in your Avatar then it looks like a blue Rover 45

BTW, any chance you might be able to reduce the size of your sig pic a little, it takes an age to load up each time when viewing on my iphone

I can help shrink it if you need.

Cheers.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 19:52   #6
martin green
Posted a thing or two

yes I am very busy...it seems we are a little magnet for Rover hunters and how to track them down. I must admit, I am tempted to buy one of those SMG ones, but not had the time a little over priced but worth it when the rest of the cars on the road, is just plain German or French or Japanese its just so boring on the motorways now.

I enjoy going down the motorway and I and around 5 other in a 100 mile distance is all i see....and with those life warrenties still very keen and I want to keep the miles down on my diesel Primrose, thats still in fantastic condition also mate.

Its 11 years old with 72000 miles on the clock, its really low and need it to stay that way. so rare, and beautiful in the summer with that one.

Hows your Morris Marina, my dads still got his two Morris Itals..there are only 29 left on the road now mate.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:53   #7
martin green
Posted a thing or two

reebs shrink it mate i have no probs knowing my limitations..send over to e-mail and then i will re-do if you like

The car in the corner is the Rover longbridge security car on a 58 plate, i thought well its so rare slap it up there mate.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:56   #8
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
yes I am very busy...it seems we are a little magnet for Rover hunters and how to track them down. I must admit, I am tempted to buy one of those SMG ones, but not had the time a little over priced but worth it when the rest of the cars on the road, is just plain German or French or Japanese its just so boring on the motorways now.

I enjoy going down the motorway and I and around 5 other in a 100 mile distance is all i see....and with those life warrenties still very keen and I want to keep the miles down on my diesel Primrose, thats still in fantastic condition also mate.

Its 11 years old with 72000 miles on the clock, its really low and need it to stay that way. so rare, and beautiful in the summer with that one.

Hows your Morris Marina, my dads still got his two Morris Itals..there are only 29 left on the road now mate.
They are both harvest Gold MK1's Mart, the second one is over with Frank Phillips having a respray and new front wings. Are you going to the Marina national meet with your Dad?
Old 29th January 2011, 19:58   #9
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Yes would not mind whats the dates mate, I have not seen Frank for quiet a while , one hell of a workshop man, top draw...and no one except may be Andy Morris ,knows more about itals and marinas than him, one class act.

I still love driving my dads itals about when i get the chance, just pulling out the manual choke, brings back my early days a british car user..all that gone now mate, including the starting handle.
Old 29th January 2011, 20:00   #10
Phil
This is my second home

Thats my first Marina and my Rover 95, I still have both these..

This one is the one Frank is putting new wings on and respraying..