Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2012, 22:52   #11
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

Makes mine - 54,000 miles and costing me over £2000 - seem less and less worthwhile. I'm sure we'd all love to have that kind of reliability. Well done.
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 08:11   #12
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

They are real workhorses, if ever you needed proof that we did build good cars once...
I think a lot of it is down to how people drive, it took my brother 4wks to kill my old 45 that got us through some really bad weather and did a lot of miles.
My dads the same, run every car he's had into the ground then slated them for dying.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 12:31   #13
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Yes all original slave cylinder/flywheel etc also nothing and i mean nothing has been changed, and it still pulls like a train...went to Wigan yesterday and knocked another 250 miles, no problem.

The only thing she has had, as i have mentioned at 196000 miles is two bushes on the front, nothing esle, even the road springs are the originals, never changed them either, and its never failed an MOT.
This thing is made of titanium. LOVELY....GREAT MOTOR, Even my kids call the car Ole faithful...she has gone every where. In fact i was that impressed, i have just picked up a right bargin in Wigan yesterday.I bought a 2005 54 Rover 75 cinarron green (great summer colour) conny SE auto Tourer! (sunroof and all). This car one owner from brand new, and only had, just 29900 miles on the clock and FULL ROVER SERVICE HISTORY , one years mot, one years tax, and 3 months warrenty for £5295.

and another shot of ole faithful going to a show in 2010

Thats a £30,000 grand car new and we all know that mileage going by old faithful is just broke in. I even have a set of spare serpents ready to drop onto the cinarron green tourer, THIS CAR IS MINT, with smoked greenish dark glass (factory spec) full cream leather interior, and just about every toy Rover offered, cruise/rubber matting in the boot, full size spare, excellent buy, stunning looking car.

I did all that because of ole faithful and she is not leaving the family, she staying in service on 500 miles a week, and thats the way its going to stay. I am intriuged to see if any one else has a near 200,000 clutch and slave as this 02 plater?

for all those who may not know cinarron green colour i have a car shot,(not my car, this is one from a show a few years back..

Last edited by martin green; 1st April 2012 at 12:44..
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote