Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2014, 19:30   #1
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Default Round Pin BMW Loom Steering Wheel Controls

Can't find an answer after searching so I'll ask

My car came with a Harmony head unit - worked fine as did the steering wheel controls. Now this is the slightly different bit, when I took the Harmony out I discovered there appear to be two lots of head unit wiring, a basic one which the Harmony was hooked up to and a much more complex (Highline??) set connected to nothing. Neither of them have the multicoloured plugs so I have successfully connected with a patch lead first a WinCE DD and then a while ago a Navall 2 which also works perfectly BUT I haven't been able to figure out the steering wheel controls for either. The bit of the wiring loom I am connected to is the one the Harmony (with working SWC's) was connected to BUT it doesn't have blue/orange and blue/purple wires (no infared box either) The other bit of redundant loom does though BUT I've tried splicing the SWC wires from the head unit to them and nothing Every connector that was plugged into the Harmony is now plugged into the Navall but obviously something isn't connected the right way - I'm at a loss to know what though

It's not a big deal to be honest but it would be nice if they worked

Last edited by mystabe; 2nd December 2014 at 09:09.. Reason: ammend title
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 13:08   #2
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

I know it's a stupid question, but have you set up the steering wheel controls on the Naval 2 head unit settings?
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 15:20   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

not a stupid question but yes, I've tried but when it asks you to program a function for the buttons it doesn't recognise you pressing any of the steering wheel buttons
Old 27th November 2014, 16:57   #4
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Do you have the white box mounted just behind/below the head unit?
When I removed my Hi Line unit, I thought it was part of the hi line harness, but the SWC would not work until I plugged it back in.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 18:03   #5
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

not that I've ever noticed

I'm going to pull the Navall out tomorrow and take some pictures which is probably what this thread needs!
Old 27th November 2014, 18:05   #6
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
not that I've ever noticed

I'm going to pull the Navall out tomorrow and take some pictures which is probably what this thread needs!
I was just about to suggest that

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 13:30   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Can't find an answer after searching so I'll ask

My car came with a Harmony head unit - worked fine as did the steering wheel controls. Now this is the slightly different bit, when I took the Harmony out I discovered there appear to be two lots of head unit wiring, a basic one which the Harmony was hooked up to and a much more complex (Highline??) set connected to nothing. Neither of them have the multicoloured plugs so I have successfully connected with a patch lead first a WinCE DD and then a while ago a Navall 2 which also works perfectly BUT I haven't been able to figure out the steering wheel controls for either. The bit of the wiring loom I am connected to is the one the Harmony (with working SWC's) was connected to BUT it doesn't have blue/orange and blue/purple wires (no infared box either) The other bit of redundant loom does though BUT I've tried splicing the SWC wires from the head unit to them and nothing Every connector that was plugged into the Harmony is now plugged into the Navall but obviously something isn't connected the right way - I'm at a loss to know what though

It's not a big deal to be honest but it would be nice if they worked
One Question Mystabe, Didi you use the Loom/Harness that we sent with the head unit or plug direct to the car?

The SWC are really simple
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 20:42   #8
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
One Question Mystabe, Didi you use the Loom/Harness that we sent with the head unit or plug direct to the car?

The SWC are really simple
errrr no, as I recall (and it was a while ago now) the main multicoloured connector lead supplied was for a flat pin loom and my loom is round pin so I used a generic ebay patch lead with the power wires swapped so the settings are retained. I didn't plug the lead with the white connector and jack plugs in because I don't need an aux in/have any camera's

Everything else works perfectly but the steering wheel controls aren't recognised

I'm going to pull it out tomorrow or Tuesday and take some pictures as that should/might make the simple thing I'm not doing (and it probably is something simple) more obvious!
Old 1st December 2014, 12:51   #9
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

right, I've just pulled it out - again

this is the hole with all the wiring pulled out - no white boxes, stray leads, infared stuff, just a hole really?

This is the loom that doesn't seem to be live but which has the right colour wires for SWC - I've tried plugging the DD into the connector but it doesn't even power up that way

and this is the loom that works - apart from the SWC's obviously. There is a flat connector with 3 wires that I haven't got plugged in (?) and there are two wires from the car loom connector block which don't have anything connecting to them in the DD loom - they are white and red and blue and orange....... are these the ones I want?

Old 1st December 2014, 13:46   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I mean obviously it's pins 10 and 17 in the car loom connector block if you've got a BMW loom......... :coat:

All working now