Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2016, 17:45   #1
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Default Help needed, not ZT / 75 related i'm afaraid!!

Hi all,

Have a bit of a problem with the neighbours, a first in all my years of owning a house!!

Moved here last February 2015, all seemed ok when we moved in, introduced ourselves, as you do. Talking to then one day, we were informed that they do not like noise, parties, bbq's, people drinking, having a laugh, good time you get my drift I'm sure. They went into depth about how the previous owners were noisy, having friends round for an evening in the garden, summer months of course. Obviously cannot comment on what went on before we moved in.

Come the end of March, a full size adults trampoline was moved to within one metre of the boundary fence, cost shared jointly by the previous owner. Now, they have a child of 3 years old, obviously not old enough to be on this on it's own. The ' man' of the house, uses this and screams like a demented banshee when he is on it at the small child that sits with it's mother watching him. The problem I have is this trampoline stands 10' from the ground, 3' feet at the base when he gets on it from the ground and at least 12' when he is jumping up and down on it!!!

Does anybody know if there are any local laws that prevent this from happening as our privacy is being severely invaded. Sick to the back teeth with them and one or two other issues that they are on our backs about, the house is about to go back on the market. Really do not want to do this, but are being forced out as it turns out, the previous owners seemed to have been done as the 'lady ' of the house next door stated that they were moving because of them!!!

Any comments or help with this one would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:02   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Consult a Solicitor.
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:14   #3
Animal
Gets stuck in

Mg ZT

Had a similar problem many years ago in my old house .
They moaned if they heard anything from us , but played music at full blast at all hours causing stuff in my house to jump and rattle all over the place, called noise abatement team from council which was a waste of time .
Ended up by playing a scene from Independence Day where the ship blows up the tower block through my surround system at full blast with the speakers facing the wall run through a 1500 watt amp , left on repeat for three days while we had a long weekend break .
Miracle of miracles didn't get any more music at all hours and they wouldn't speak to me after I told them that any repeat performances and I'd go away even longer or just leave it on whilst I was out .

Build date: Tuesday, 18th June 2002 @ 08:53:49
This vehicle was the 4th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Mean Machine!
Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations
KAPLAH
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:15   #4
daveb57
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Consult a Solicitor.
Thanks, yes, that is an option that has been considered.
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:31   #5
daveb57
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
Had a similar problem many years ago in my old house .
They moaned if they heard anything from us , but played music at full blast at all hours causing stuff in my house to jump and rattle all over the place, called noise abatement team from council which was a waste of time .
Ended up by playing a scene from Independence Day where the ship blows up the tower block through my surround system at full blast with the speakers facing the wall run through a 1500 watt amp , left on repeat for three days while we had a long weekend break .
Miracle of miracles didn't get any more music at all hours and they wouldn't speak to me after I told them that any repeat performances and I'd go away even longer or just leave it on whilst I was out .
Like your style, I must say!!

When we first moved here, we often said that we thought that nobody was in. Last August, half 8 in the evening whilst having a bbq, having been at work since 05.00 and chilling as next couple of days off, their mower started, thought could do without, as their garden is a postage stamp, bit 45 mins later, still at it. Said my piece over the fence, the lady of the house round next day to state that they are entitled to cut their grass at whatever time etc.! Said our piece, told them to get on with their lives and we would get on with ours.

Last Saturday, popped pot for a bit shopping and on return, we had the 'man' of the house knocking to say the dog, a small Yorkie, had been barking continuously and that any dog he had been around never barked!! Yeah ok! Never, ever, had a problem with him in our previous house and why take 11 months to complain if it had been going on before?

They have now taken to banging doors, thumping up the stairs and just being a b****y pain in the neck.

God help us, well blessed this this pair and the kid!!
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:48   #6
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

contact the citizens advice,cheaper then a solicitor,it's free
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:05   #7
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Just my opinion, i think there is nothing you can do about it. Its on his property and as long as he is not making a noise after a certain time in the evening he can do what he likes. Most normal people wouldnt because you respect each others privacy and life style but im afraid you allways get one! just try talking to them and calm things down before it gets out of hand.
190SETOURING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:19   #8
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I think the above is good advice, these neighbourhood disputes can get out of hand so quickly. Come to some sort of understanding as quickly as you can. The longer it goes on the worse it'll be for all concerned.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:50   #9
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Stab them all and bury them under the trampoline
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:00   #10
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Have you tried to talk to him? With his previous experiences he should be sympathetic. Falling out with neighbours is a definite No no.