Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st October 2019, 18:45   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default I’ve reached that magical mileage

It’s now exactly six months since I sold both my 75’s and purchased a cracking 2004 Mercedes 350 SL
To day was the last day before I place the car on SORN for the winter so took the missus out a nice run to Castle Douglas.
On the way there I reached that magical mileage of 10,000.
No I didn’t miss out a nought at the end 10,000 miles since 2004 is not bad.

I picked the car up from Alderley Edge on 1st May this year with exactly 7,800 miles. At the cars first service back in 2005 it had covered 7,114 miles with that extra 600 odds being added over the following 14 years where the car had been taxed (12 months) MOT,d and Main Dealer serviced every year.
It beggars belief that anyone would do this with a car and never use it, one year it had covered just 35 miles.

She still looks and drives like new, it still has the original Continental tyres in perfect condition although I intend to replace them next year.
It has a brand new (2018). Mercedes starter battery and the auxiliary battery is a 2006 one which again will be replaced as soon as it does decide to fail but with using my Cetek charger it has worked well over the last six months during which the majority of the mileage covered has been with the top down.

The car has well exceeded my expectations and I can’t believe how warm it is with the top down even on a ”Dreich” Scottish day.
My only real expense this year was a full gearbox service along with a new electrical connector seal replacement to the auto box which is a known fault. Mine sprang a leak overnight so the pre planned gearbox service during the winter was brought forward. It cost me £181 from a local Mercedes Independent.
Although I’m now away from Rovers I do like to look in and add to topics with my comments.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2019, 20:59   #2
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
The car has well exceeded my expectations.
Until I walked away from an accident in it I would not commit to saying that.

Only then would I have experience of how a Mercedes bends.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote