Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th April 2020, 09:32   #1
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts
Default Thank you Jet2holidays

Booked a package holiday with them in December to fly out today to Gran Canaria.
Through all this Covid - 19 situation they have been very good at communicating, from the unfortunate situation where they informed us they would have to cancel our holiday, a follow up email to let me know they would be in touch to discuss my options.
Today is the day we were supposed to fly out. Just received a call from them and with no arguments what so ever they have arranged to refund the total cost of the holiday within 14 days.
I haven't had to make a single call or email to chase them. It's just nice in this day and age to receive excellent customer service. I will definitely use them again.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 12:51   #2
snowman
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

And for us to although we did get out to Lanzarote for 3 days out of 14 before we had to come back home because of the lockdown and they have refunded all of our holiday money they just emailed and said we would get a refund in due course
Regards paul
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 08:51   #3
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

We are due to fly in July and so far nothing is cancelled and therefore no refunds yet. We have £4.5k at stake but we may yet go. Too early to say.
Old 14th April 2020, 09:50   #4
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

I was stuck out in Tenerife for 4 extra days when Easyjet cancelled the flight back. We never got an email or phone call direct from them and the only time we got any information was when we waited in a 3 hour phone queue making the call ourselves. They eventually got us a flight back to the UK but to Gatwick not Newcastle and had to fund our own way back. We kept all the taxi and train receipts etc and forwarded them on to Easyjet who say they are considering the claim and we'll find out after April 17th.
I'm booked through Jet2 for Lanzarote in mid July and will wait and see how things pan out but if it had been through Easyjet I'd cancel it now as I wouldn't use them again.
Old 14th April 2020, 10:33   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I'm booked through Jet2 for Lanzarote in mid July and will wait and see how things pan out but if it had been through Easyjet I'd cancel it now as I wouldn't use them again.
Favourite Island.
Speaking to the girl who sorted out our refund they have a current commencement date of mid June but as she said, everything could change.

They gave me options to:
  • Alter the dates to the same time next year.
  • Offered a credit note to be used by end of July on any destination and if not used by that date a full refund then. she also explained that the credit note was still covered by ABTA/ATOL
  • A full Refund now.
Obviously the airlines are taking a big hit and trying their best not to lose the sale if possible so the full refund straight away was the last option given.

Thinking about it, If they had given me the option of a credit note with an increased value of say 10% I may have been tempted by that to be honest.
Maybe they are missing a trick there?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 14th April 2020, 15:38   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Favourite Island.
Speaking to the girl who sorted out our refund they have a current commencement date of mid June but as she said, everything could change.

They gave me options to: [LIST][*]Alter the dates to the same time next year.[*]Offered a credit note to be used by end of July on any destination and if not used by that date a full refund then. she also explained that the credit note was still covered by ABTA/ATOL[*]A full Refund now.
?
Which Airline was this with? Am booked with Easyjet for Maderia in mid May, but not heard anything from them yet!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 17:05   #7
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Which Airline was this with? Am booked with Easyjet for Maderia in mid May, but not heard anything from them yet!
As per title Thankyou Jet2holidays

Old 14th April 2020, 21:21   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Dave.
A little bit of good news in these sad times, as you say that is the sort of air line you want to fly with, and I am sure they know people will remember and book with them again once this lot as past, stay safe out there

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 22:05   #9
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
As per title Thankyou Jet2holidays
Thank you, I have a feeling that easyJet won’t be so “easy “
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 23:32   #10
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

We are booked to visit my dear sister-in-law in Denver in the middle of August and a Summer holiday starting in Singapore in November. I worry that August trip might be cancelled but a little more confident about the Far East in November. I worry that they are talking about locking us old gits down for longer then the rest of the population. All booked with BA in January sale and before the Chinese plague took hold! We have always found BA helpful when things become difficult