Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th June 2020, 19:30   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Now TV and BT

looking to see if I can get sky sport with my BT sports package. Just want to see the Liverpool matches until lockdown ends, I think there are 3 on sky

ringing BT, average wait time 20-30 minutes wait time. Really? About time they got in more staff.

Now TV web page, link after link but cant talk to anyone.

I know BT customer services is pretty, well, insert a naughty word but even I'm surprised at a 20-30 minute wait for what must be a big deal (BT sport) for BT.

Now TV, I just feel like giving up.

Why oh why are some companies so insert naughty word at customer service? Mind you, I have over heard staff speak to customers, lazy unhelpful insert naughty word.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 19:56   #2
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

You ought to make some allowance for Covid 19 as a lot of companies are running with fewer staff members at work.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 20:52   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

you cant blame covid 19 for everything.
I think BT customer services is the worst of any company I deal with.
BT as standard has a recorded message to say they are very busy, not just today, last week or even last month but last year and the year before.
where does covid 19 come into play here?

BT's own network (intranet) can be accessed from home. Covid19 beaten?

I spoke to an advisor a short while ago but did not understand everything he was saying so asked he email it to me,....... no cant do that no facility. Really?
When I worked for Openreach we had a group email account so we could email customers without sending our personal Openreach email address.
where does covid19 come into play here?
So we have a customer that does not understand, we have a communications company that does not have email facilities in all its "customer facing" teams. That has nowt to do with covid19 but poor customer service. I wont be taking the BT package.

You can probably guess, I don't think much of BT customer services.

A Google search and I found a Now TV contact number but the call centre closes at 8pm. No problem I'll call tomorrow but the web site, for me, just too much like hard work.

macafee2
Old 18th June 2020, 21:01   #4
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

The simple question is why if you rate them so poorly are you still using them as they do not have a monopoly?
Old 18th June 2020, 21:02   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
you cant blame covid 19 for everything.
I think BT customer services is the worst of any company I deal with.
BT as standard has a recorded message to say they are very busy, not just today, last week or even last month but last year and the year before.
where does covid 19 come into play here?

BT's own network (intranet) can be accessed from home. Covid19 beaten?

I spoke to an advisor a short while ago but did not understand everything he was saying so asked he email it to me,....... no cant do that no facility. Really?
When I worked for Openreach we had a group email account so we could email customers without sending our personal Openreach email address.
where does covid19 come into play here?
So we have a customer that does not understand, we have a communications company that does not have email facilities in all its "customer facing" teams. That has nowt to do with covid19 but poor customer service. I wont be taking the BT package.

You can probably guess, I don't think much of BT customer services.

A Google search and I found a Now TV contact number but the call centre closes at 8pm. No problem I'll call tomorrow but the web site, for me, just too much like hard work.

macafee2
I reckon we should nationalise the GPO, and kick out the whippersnappers from Virgin Media ripping up the footpaths around my parents house.

I was talking to a BT callcentre employee only last evening, and she was very nice, and I had no problem getting through.

She did say that she was working from home, and the staffing levels were certainly lower than usual, but she was pleasant and chatty.

Anyway if there is one thing I've not missed at all about lockdown it's football, so I've no advice about TV packages..........just work on your car instead, or watch some paint dry perhaps

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 22:02   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
The simple question is why if you rate them so poorly are you still using them as they do not have a monopoly?
I worked for them for 35 years and don't want to take my business elsewhere. I want them to improve their customer service.
It was apathy both from management and people my grade that finally got me to walk away.
The end came having sent 6 emails before going on holiday to come back and not have one reply. A few weeks later they offered voluntary redundancy and I signed up. FWIW, I used to take my work lap top on holiday and work while on holiday, I'd work evenings when I got home, I'd work weekends... no extra money. I went from workaholic to part time to walking away. I put myself out to do what I think is every employees responsibility, to make the company better, but it is like dropping a stone in a pond. Seconds later no one can tell.

May be it is different for me compared to a lot of call centre staff. I used to deal with other engineering groups, I learnt what team did what and how to contact them. I never considered it was not my job, now I don't think call centre staff know or have the freedom to call the engineers. They are call centre staff, no knowledge of how the jigsaw puzzle goes together

macafee2
Old 19th June 2020, 04:25   #7
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
looking to see if I can get sky sport with my BT sports package. Just want to see the Liverpool matches until lockdown ends, I think there are 3 on sky

ringing BT, average wait time 20-30 minutes wait time. Really? About time they got in more staff.

Now TV web page, link after link but cant talk to anyone.

I know BT customer services is pretty, well, insert a naughty word but even I'm surprised at a 20-30 minute wait for what must be a big deal (BT sport) for BT.

Now TV, I just feel like giving up.

Why oh why are some companies so insert naughty word at customer service? Mind you, I have over heard staff speak to customers, lazy unhelpful insert naughty word.

macafee2
I’ve never had a problem with BT and been with them for many years. Why are you phoning about TV packages? It can all be done online or through the app. I’ve adjusted my tv and mobile package several times and it works really well
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2020, 08:13   #8
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
I worked for them for 35 years and don't want to take my business elsewhere. I want them to improve their customer service.
It was apathy both from management and people my grade that finally got me to walk away.

macafee2

If you could not improve it within the organisation as an individual you have got zero chance outside of it.
I cannot imagine that they read your complaints on this forum.
Old 19th June 2020, 08:18   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I’ve never had a problem with BT and been with them for many years. Why are you phoning about TV packages? It can all be done online or through the app. I’ve adjusted my tv and mobile package several times and it works really well
my phone does not do apps and I find BT's web site so difficult to navigate.
Turns out from the call with the advisor yesterday I cant add sky sports to my existing TV package, I have to change package and then I cannot go back to what I am on for the same price.

That seems flexible. I expected to be able to add a package and pay the extra then turn off the extra package and go back to what I have at the same price but no.

I think some are getting confused between speaking with customer service and the reliability of their phone/broadband. Reliability is fine, speaking with customer service is not.

macafee2
Old 19th June 2020, 09:32   #10
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

You should try reporting a fault with your Broadband, the first few mins it tells you to go online .

When I eventually got through to a person after a 25 mins wait they were obviously not in the UK and there English was as good as my Hindustani or what ever there native tongue was. It took 10 mins before they put me through to a supervisor who understood me and eventually did something on line and I was back up and running.

I suppose if I was reporting this fault in the night it would have been OK but this was 3pm on a week day.

I know many companies are blaming Covid but customer service is not what it should be. If you want an example of great customer service American Express. You can ring them any time and speak to a person in the UK, I had a problem with some missing statements a couple of years ago and it was all sorted in one phone call and they even put a credit on my account for the inconvenience.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote