Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2021, 13:27   #1
yelnats
Avid contributor

MGZT-T CDTI+135 AUTO

Default breakdown cover

Time to renew breakdown cover.My existing cover has increased somewhat,so looking to consider others. Any good deals on at the moment? cover for 2cars,homestart,recovery etc required.Any leads appreciated.
yelnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 13:36   #2
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Sticking with the same compay seems to do no good at all in terms of value for money. I've been with the RAC for years but usually go to compare the wotnot and see if the others have a better price. The RAC usually match it to keep my business but if you don't shop around you have nothing to compare with! My insurances seem to be the same!
Old 8th June 2021, 13:43   #3
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Nationwide flex plus account.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/product...reakdown-cover

£13 a month, covers driver in any vehicle however old and if the vehicle is yours or not, includes home start, recovery, onward travel, hire car and others using your vehicles etc etc.

Also gives you worldwide travel insurance for you and your family to a high limit including skiing, golf and various sports cover.

Mobile phone cover including unauthorised bills and family members phones as well.

Open a joint account if you have a spouse or partner, and you both get the same breakdown and other benefits for the one £13 a month thus doubling the coverage and saving hugely on individual travel, breakdown and mobile insurance that you may have elsewhere.

The year round travel insurance alone is a bargain with ever increasing premiums on other stand alone policies on the market ( in normal travelling times after covid restrictions lifted of course) chuck in the breakdown cover in any car and you're quids in without any faffing about and extra premiums or not covering older cars etc.

It doesn't have to be your main account I just use mine for paying bills and my other half and I just carry on with our individual accounts in different banks

Last edited by bendrick; 8th June 2021 at 14:01..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 19:49   #4
dave.r

rover 75 connoiseur cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Nationwide flex plus account.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/product...reakdown-cover

£13 a month, covers driver in any vehicle however old and if the vehicle is yours or not, includes home start, recovery, onward travel, hire car and others using your vehicles etc etc.

Also gives you worldwide travel insurance for you and your family to a high limit including skiing, golf and various sports cover.

Mobile phone cover including unauthorised bills and family members phones as well.

Open a joint account if you have a spouse or partner, and you both get the same breakdown and other benefits for the one £13 a month thus doubling the coverage and saving hugely on individual travel, breakdown and mobile insurance that you may have elsewhere.

The year round travel insurance alone is a bargain with ever increasing premiums on other stand alone policies on the market ( in normal travelling times after covid restrictions lifted of course) chuck in the breakdown cover in any car and you're quids in without any faffing about and extra premiums or not covering older cars etc.

It doesn't have to be your main account I just use mine for paying bills and my other half and I just carry on with our individual accounts in different banks
Try auto aid

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
dave.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 19:52   #5
dave.r

rover 75 connoiseur cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.r View Post
Try auto aid

£7.50 a month and covers you and your spouse for any car you are driving

dave.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2021, 07:45   #6
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I'm still with the AA, getting on for forty years now.
Around the £300 mark for the past few years but that's gold membership, breakdown, relay & homestart for me, the wife, son & daughter in any car, any age, whether owned or not & driver or passenger. Admittedly gold membership is chiefly discount stuff we don't really use or need but the long membership does seem to cut some ice when talking to the switchboard operators & has helped me win a couple of disagreements, tyre problems mostly. And we have had some long-distance recoveries over the years, Truro & Durham back to London to mention a couple (the Durham collection involved an extra night in our hotel at their expense, which was nice).
We had them out this week actually, homestart to check our daughter's Corsa D rough running. New coolant sensors seem to be needed.
I've compared firms in the past but once you start adding in all the features l have, it soon adds up to not much difference & all in all l don't begrudge the cost overly much, it's normally negotiated & fixed for two years & l'm loathe to lose that long membership leverage when occasionally needed. Horses for courses.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 10th June 2021 at 07:51..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2021, 11:19   #7
Ray L
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Default Breakdown cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnats View Post
Time to renew breakdown cover.My existing cover has increased somewhat,so looking to consider others. Any good deals on at the moment? cover for 2cars,homestart,recovery etc required.Any leads appreciated.
Do try Emergency Assist Co.Ltd - Tel: 01945 586201 or email [email protected].

My present annual premium is £42.80 (after a 30% loyalty discount).

The cover is entirely comprehensive and includes:

Breakdown cover either roadside or at home.

Misfuel- should you accidently put ther wrong fuel in your tank.

Reimbursement of your insurance excess (up to £500).

Accident Assist Service. One call after a non-fault accident and if appropriate they will replace your vehicle for a like for like or repair your car at no cost by qualified engineers using manufacturers parts.

I have had to use them twice over the years. Once for a puncture (all fixed in less than an hour and the second time I was nearly 200 miles from home with a busted crankshaft pulley. They would have trailered me home but I asked to be taken to a nearby garage which was more convenient for me.

I have no connection with the firm, I am simply relating my customer experience for what it's worth.
Ray L is offline   Reply With Quote