Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th November 2007, 10:50   #1
BillGray

rover75 saloon

Default symphony upgrade

my radio cd80 is us .Is the symphony a direct replacement Is there any wiring changes necessary
BillGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 15:34   #2
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Yes, it should fit okay. The aperture was designed and sized for the Harmony (Phillips) and Symphony (Alpine) and I think a DIN adaptor is fitted into the aperture to allow the installation of the type of unit you have.

SMC are selling brand new Symphony units as you may be aware that will come with the appropriate wiring loom to connect to the body loom behind the unit. These of course will require the optional CD changer although these can be had relatively easily off Ebay used and sometimes new. I paid £40 used for mine around 18 months ago and it has worked fine. The OE CD changers were again of Alpine make.

Hope this of use to you.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 18:06   #3
BillGray

rover75 saloon

Default Symphony Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnEnGee View Post
Yes, it should fit okay. The aperture was designed and sized for the Harmony (Phillips) and Symphony (Alpine) and I think a DIN adaptor is fitted into the aperture to allow the installation of the type of unit you have.

SMC are selling brand new Symphony units as you may be aware that will come with the appropriate wiring loom to connect to the body loom behind the unit. These of course will require the optional CD changer although these can be had relatively easily off Ebay used and sometimes new. I paid £40 used for mine around 18 months ago and it has worked fine. The OE CD changers were again of Alpine make.

Hope this of use to you.
I have installed the symphony unit it tunes and autostores the selscted freqs , plays ok except when I start the engine and put it ingear telephone mute appears onthe screen
Old 13th November 2007, 18:43   #4
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

With the Symphony, phone mute is switched on by pin 1 of the power ISO being connected to earth, I don't know if the CD80 uses pin 1 for a different purpose, try disconnecting it.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 20:50   #5
BillGray

rover75 saloon

Default Symphony Upgrade

Thanx Pin 1 seems to be the problem it could be connected to the speed sensor bill