Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2018, 15:49   #31
mondeoEPMan

Mondeo

Good news, top work!
mondeoEPMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 01:29   #32
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
good news guys all up and running again! had a set of replacement injectors sent to me yesterday. many thanks to Andrew (Shiner) at Beech Hill Garage for sending them, really appreciate it.

Fitted them and after turning over a couple of times she fired up and has been running fine since, running better in fact

Looks like those injectors I had fitted were no good and was the cause for my car not starting, so those have gone in the bin

Many thanks for your help all
Hi Rick,

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I would want to double-check. It seems to me that the likelihood of getting 4 bad replacement injectors would be pretty low. Now that it is running, why not get those 4 injectors back out of the bin and try them again? I'm sort of thinking maybe there actually was a wiring or connection problem that you accidentally fix when you were checking voltages. Better to find out at home rather than in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 09:50   #33
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Hi Rick,

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I would want to double-check. It seems to me that the likelihood of getting 4 bad replacement injectors would be pretty low. Now that it is running, why not get those 4 injectors back out of the bin and try them again? I'm sort of thinking maybe there actually was a wiring or connection problem that you accidentally fix when you were checking voltages. Better to find out at home rather than in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.

Cheers,
Glenn

Rick I think got those injectors from me as part of the sale of the dials business, I had them on the shelf for a year as being within spec from a member on here (cant remember who though).
I would be surprised if they were all bad....