Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th May 2020, 09:37   #51
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Teddy View Post
I have used the digital temp readout on every journey made and it sits around 78 and goes up 82 if caught in traffic or at lights for several minutes. When I continue it settles back to around 78.
Hello again Paul, thanks for the update. What version PRT did you fit? The typical running temperature of the 1.8/1.8T is in the 90-95+C range, varying according to the driving situation. Yours is running unusually cool, which rather points at the PRT.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 10:27   #52
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default Excess coolant from header tank

Hello TC, the PRT fitted was PEM100990/ PEL5001100 (inc turbo ) and bought from Matt at DMGRS, so although you said it is running cool for the 1.8t to be honest I`m so glad it`s running at all after the garage fiasco and all that went on. On the basis of what your saying I`ll certainly be keeping an eye on it ( every journey is run with digital thermostat reading on display)and see if anything changes,thanks regards Paul
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 12:01   #53
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Teddy View Post
the PRT fitted was PEM100990/ PEL5001100 (inc turbo ) and bought from Matt at DMGRS, so although you said it is running cool for the 1.8t to be honest
Yes, keep an eye on it. I guess you fitted the grey version? (78C/soft relief spring) https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...rees-pel500110
This is a new one (on me anyway) with a full ten degree reduction from the defaut 88C type. I might take a look at one myself. Maybe interesting to see how far a gallon takes you when you get chance to really drive it.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 12:52   #54
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default Excess coolant from header tank

Hello again TC, the PRT I fitted was the beige one that DMGRS had and they didn`t have any other on their website at the time I purchased , so this other one that is now available from them is also new to me . So will be keeping my fingers crossed all stays well and that I can also sort this oil drip as time goes on ,Regards Paul
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote