Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2016, 20:08   #21
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

With the diesel I could get away with just thermostat, small tool kit, 2x triangles and some OAT and a bulb kit, but as I've had allsorts happen to me on the road in different cars I carry around enough to get me by if we break down and end up doing mechanics outside the ECP store!
Old 19th March 2016, 20:57   #22
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

I drive to and from Portugal towing a caravan and driving solo and I carry a full set of tools and paraphanalia plus spares which includes starter motor, UBP, full set hoses, bulbs, drive belts, but I find that you can become paranoid about it, where do you stop! Likelihood is that if something fails it will something that you haven't got anyway.
Last year on one trip I had a rad burst and separately the crank pulley went, both I was lucky to be handy to a garage and as someone has said I couldn't/wouldn't have attempted those jobs on the side of the road. My worry is an obsolete make of vehicle in a foreign land doesn't bode well if something specific to Rover fails.
I do have breakdown cover but small print states that in event of major breakdown repatriation would not happen if cost is higher than value of car, on this basis I am better towing as value of combined outfit is taken.
I love this car but sadly the day is coming when i may have to part company, firstly I need more space for caravan bits, secondly a current make gives me a better chance overseas with a breakdown. I'm putting the day off as long as I can, another trip south first at the end of the month so fingers crossed.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 21:43   #23
Hantsdave
Loves to post

2004 CDTi SE TOURER

Rover first aid kit, Rover tyre repair kit (just for show) and a breaker bar with selection of sockets, not for me but anyone else I happen to assist on the kerb side.

I also carry a spare new camshaft sensor.
Previously owned..Austin Mini Countryman, Austin 1100 VDP, Princess 2200HL (x2), Ambassador VDP, TR7, Triumph Stag, Rover 820, Rover 216 GSi, Rover 420D, Rover 600 Si, Rover 600 GSi, Montego GSi, Rover 216 cabriolet, Jaguar XJ6 Gold, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Tourer CDTi (x3), Rover 75 CDT x 2, Rover 75 Connie V6, Rover 45. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 x 2, Jeep Chrokee KK Plus a few other foreign ones I'm too embarrassed to mention..
Hantsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 21:50   #24
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
Tow a spare 75
See below....
Old 19th March 2016, 22:15   #25
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

When you get to my age the most important thing to carry is a Portaloo, an essential piece of kit when you are waiting for your breakdown/recovery provider to arrive.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 08:52   #26
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

Torch, bulbs, water.

If there's any chance of snow i carry a bugout bag incase i have to abandon:
Paper map and compass
Hiking boots
Thermal clothes
Spare socks
Ration kit
Sleeping bag
Emergency bag
(Basically my hiking stuff)

Oh, and emergency cash incase wallet goes walkies and i need chow.

Glow sticks are always useful for road marking or emergency light.
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 09:33   #27
hortonds
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer Automatic

My car is always packed to the rafters and the roof box with musical gear so not much room for anything else other than a roll of gaffertape. Mind you ... GAFFERTAPE

Jobs done: Everything you can possibly imagine ... I have the "Triggers Broom" of cars.
hortonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 09:50   #28
Ste.Sales
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I keep a large flat head screwdriver, rubber mallet and 10mm+8mm sockets and wrench. Also the orange clip for ffs. At some point it will fail, and i am prepared for it. Utilised these tools on my mums 75 a few weeks ago... Engine stopped, would not restart. I came to pick her up, then thought of ffs.... Of course it was and my tool kit and clip came to good use, her car was up and running again in 30mins!!
She bought me a new clip to replace mine. Jobs a good 'un
Ste.Sales is offline   Reply With Quote