Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2020, 08:44   #21
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Well my isolation didn't last long as I'm at work now with a skeleton staff in place as alot of our customers are building units for hospitals etc so we are working hard to make sure we can deliver on these priority jobs what I was really pleased about is the willingness of staff to come in at very short notice and give 100% to make sure this can happen

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 09:06   #22
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post
Well my isolation didn't last long as I'm at work now with a skeleton staff in place as alot of our customers are building units for hospitals etc so we are working hard to make sure we can deliver on these priority jobs what I was really pleased about is the willingness of staff to come in at very short notice and give 100% to make sure this can happen

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
stay safe pal
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 11:52   #23
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
3d printer dusted off ...and

its the " masked Vulnerable"

Is that the genuine article? If so, and if you can make any more, I'd say there are plenty of frontline NHS staff who would be very grateful to have some, given that one of the items I watched on the news last night was an interview with a nurse who said that they've been asked to share masks between colleagues, despite the attendant increase in risks of infection (not just of Covid-19, but any other bacteria etc that may transfer from one to another). If the cost of materials is too high for you to produce many, I'm sure other club members would happily chip in to make sure you're not out of pocket. I certainly would.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 12:19   #24
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I don't think it is that bad but it is heavy.
Is it heavier than the rear subframe with all four arms still on?

Quote:
A tip I got from marinabrian to help put it back on but can be used to remove it.

you will need the front on axle stands as you remove front wheels. personally I'd also have the back on ramps so car is level

Get some lengths 2ft? depending how much clearance you give yourself under the car 12?mm stud, 4 nuts and 4 thick washers. As you remove the main 4 bolts one at a time replace with stud, washer and nut.

Once all 4 replaced you can undo the nuts and lower the sub frame slowly. Leave studs in place and once you have slid the subframe over studs, do up the nuts to put sub frame back. You can probably do it with 3 studs
Yes, that's the technique I used on the rear end. I bought one of these, a bag of these and a pack of these. I cut the bar into four lengths and used two of them to lower the subframe & arms. They flexed a lot under the load so I used all four lengths to lift the new rear assy back on. It's a great system though and makes the whole affair much easier.

To manoeuvre the complete assembly around I used two of these linked together with a pair of wooden crossbeams (4" x 1" does the trick). The same setup can be used to roll other awkward/heavy things into position (e.g. exhaust systems), so I'll use it for the front subframe too - I'll just alter the length of the crossbeams to suit.

Quote:
you need to undo and tie up the steering rack, a few other odds and sods. I labelled each one so I did not forget to replace. The bolts holding the lower arms to the hubs may be a cow to remove ......
I've already made a list called "Things to be undone" but now I can't find it.

The lower arms will be replaced - in fact I've already got them. Hubs, brakes, springs & dampers etc. will all be sandblasted at the same time as the subframe - I might replace some of them if I can afford it.

I'm thinking about changing all the engine mounts while I'm at it.

Quote:
....... and be careful removing the nuts from the exhaust. Lots of "plus gas" and then another day 3 or more minutes per stud with a blow torch before undoing exhaust nuts. If you snap an exhaust stud, swear but don't panic, pm me
I'll take you up on that when (sorry, if ) it happens.

PlusGas is my new bestie () - I love it.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 12:23   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

As time is now on hands there will be forays into neglected areas of those things that are ‘when I can get round to it’.

My abiding interest is stained glass – windows, doors, plaques etc. I will now start a project that’s been pending since I closed my business in this field some 10 years ago.

We are Art Deco fans and a particular job I did for a customer once was as below. Double porch doors in a very nice house owned by a wild life enthusiast, especially birds, seemed an ideal project. The customer was delighted.

Celia has plagued me to do another project for the dining room of a full size mirror plate, 6’ high by 4’ wide, of a 1930’s Art Deco fashion model which another client was happy with. Pic below, you can see the reflection of the other side of my studio. Er, that is largely Tiffany style rather than leaded and takes absolutely ages so will at the moment remain in the ‘when I can get around to it’ corner.

Last edited by wraymond; 25th March 2020 at 12:42..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote