Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st April 2020, 21:05   #1
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Default FAO: Blink (Front Subframe and Power Steering Hose)

Hi Simon,

See PDF attached showing imagery of how the lower power steering fluid pipe is connected to my new front subframe (Part No. KGB000311). Apparently these later subframes require a newer power steering hose (Part No. QEH000960) to correctly fit the brackets on the later frames, but I couldn't get the hose - and my mechanic seems to have got it all hooked-up ok Hope so, anyway

Please ignore the mess - car remains in pieces and gathering dust - and I have MUCH to get done before it can see the light of day again

Cheers,
Karl.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf POWER STEERING HOSE ROUTE - ALONG FRONT SUBFRAME.pdf (1.96 MB, 36 views)
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 10:01   #2
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thumbs up

Excellent, thanks Karl - I've downloaded the pdf and it all looks good to me. I'll compare each of your pics with the same viewpoints on my car just to make sure I've got nothing else that might cause problems.

Btw, on my car there's a long piece of foam stuck to the bottom edge of the radiator housing, directly in front of the crossbar on the subframe. It absorbs water which just stays there, so I'm going to get rid of it. I can't see it in your pdf page 1 pic but it might be worth having a look. It seems to serve no purpose, except (maybe) to stop the undertray knocking on the radiator.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:35   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

That foam appears to be there to reduce the air spillage around the radiator as does the similar foam on the top of the radiator below the slam panel.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2020, 12:17   #4
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
That foam appears to be there to reduce the air spillage around the radiator as does the similar foam on the top of the radiator below the slam panel.
You mean the foam is just there to act as windbreak? If so, there must be a better way of doing it (with something that doesn't absorb water) - I'll have to have another look.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote