Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th March 2020, 09:31   #61
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

I'm still working as I'm a technician at a car dealer...classed as key worker but we shut for two weeks on Tuesday.
Steven211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 10:27   #62
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Like i said in an earlier post, I HAD a little part time job delivering meds for a pharmacy. Due to this virus we are bombed out with requests for delivery, so my "little" job is no longer little.

Then to add to it, before I started this job I used to do a couple of evenings delivering pizza. They called me up and asked if I could go back and help them out because they are a driver down as he is in isolation. I have never been so busy since I retired at 50.

Pizza deliveries have gone MAD! It was never this busy before, everyone wants to stay home and have it delivered. Half the local takeaways have closed, so my shop is just crazy. Face mask, gloves, and deliveries put on the doorstep.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 11:55   #63
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike Trident;2802210]Like i said in an earlier post, I HAD a little part time job delivering meds for a pharmacy. Due to this virus we are bombed out with requests for delivery, so my "little" job is no longer little.

Then to add to it, before I started this job I used to do a couple of evenings delivering pizza. They called me up and asked if I could go back and help them out because they are a driver down as he is in isolation. I have never been so busy since I retired at 50.

Quote:
Pizza deliveries have gone MAD! It was never this busy before, everyone wants to stay home and have it delivered. Half the local takeaways have closed, so my shop is just crazy. Face mask, gloves, and deliveries put on the doorstep.[/QUOTE
]

Hi Mike.
I am very surprised that people are still ordering takeaways, pizza etc because how do you know if anyone as coughed over the food or not? accidently I mean not on purpose, I have never been a takeaway person anyway I like to make my own food you know what you are eating then and how its been prepared and made.

Big thank you, for helping with the medicine deliveries stay safe out there.

Just had a phone call from my sister, she & husband have caught it, apparently he got it from playing golf just before the lock down, she is a manager of an home, whom looks after people that have brain injury's and other injury's 32 in the care home, daughter is a midwife she's having to self isolate for 14 days.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 4th April 2020 at 00:04..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 14:03   #64
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

My sister is still working as a carer at an old folks home (none of the Knowles family has been infected thankfully) but they've put her on part time hours for the moment.
Old 29th March 2020, 15:48   #65
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

I'm still working as a freight train driver, but not doing as much as a lot of our work involves lodging and even though some hotels are still open the restaurants are mostly closed.
Also some traffic such as fords from Dagenham has now stopped running
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 06:09   #66
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

MY colleague and I (railway crew managers and competence assessors) are alternating a week on / a week at home. Got to keep those railway conductors legal to get the doctors, nurses, emergency services, cleaners, shop workers etc to work.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 16:07   #67
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Just dropped the wife off at work, enjoying a bucket of coffee now and considering whether to take the 75 to work myself today as the ZT is complaining it should have some bed rest, as it's travelled 1100 odd miles since Saturday

I only have another two mothballing jobs to carry out, one of which is on my doorstep, and the other in Cumbria, then that's me done.

Hopefully most people can weather the storm and come out the other end relatively unscathed, I've already told all of my customers that invoicing for work carried out since Friday will be deferred until the crisis is over.

So it's going to be quiet for me, I'll still be ferrying the missus to work, and I can imagine she will be extra busy around Christmas

Brian

That’s extremely generous, but not untypical of you Brian
Old 2nd April 2020, 20:39   #68
port30
Regular poster

Rover 75

I work at submarine school so am classed key worker.
Was supposed to be off next two weeks however the Navy have literally
Cancelled Easter!
Fingers crossed all over for summer so can escape to caravan😊
port30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 23:48   #69
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

We're still working at the moment. A little quiet at the moment though as our customers are closing, lot 9 tons/3 days worth of work last week when Princess yachts closed. This week only been running 3 out of 5 mixers. Next week we've got a grand total of 5 planned batches, down from the usual 30+. But to be fair they're long processes so 5 is as many as we'll be able to fit in, especially being a 4 day week, closed good Friday.

Following week they've closed most of the site, 4 out of the 6 plants closing for a week, operators having to book it as holiday, (nightshift fuming as they've been told they have to book 4 shifts off like everyone else, despite the fact they'd only be working 3 shifts if it was open). Luckily my plant will remain open, and so will 1 other which is currently stacked out producing materials for hand sanitiser, but that will mean only 4 people on the whole site at night, compared to the usual 25+.

Things must be getting back to normal in China, almost everything we've made in my plant this week is going to China! And next week everything is marked as going to US, which I think is Tesla.

However, we have been told that we have £21 million in the bank, but if business continues as it is at the moment, and assuming some of our customer default on the debt, the companies cash reserves will be gone by September!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 10:22   #70
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Well I was working but this has changed a bit.
Due to diabetes and heart issues work have classed me as a venerable person.
So as a key worker they have now decided that it is best if I stay at home unless there is no way of covering a train.
So not allowed to sit spare at home , not allowed to sit spare at work , not allowed to work service protection turns , no working rest days just be available if needed with 48 hrs notice.
I know it's for the best and my protection but I enjoy my work plus I give the wife about 10 days before she starts sharpening the knives.

Stan

Last edited by cbr1100xx; 4th April 2020 at 11:04..
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote