Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2020, 12:04   #11
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Ha ha, you are skating on thin ice.
Can I then declare that Hitler was a great chap, as he did a lot for animal welfare. (which, btw he did!)
Or, Corbyn is a swell fellow as he opposes war, or
Boris is weird because his hair looks funny.

Just asking!
Old 4th April 2020, 12:05   #12
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

That's great, i can now comment about what i think of this man,as long as i don't mention he be belongs to the ******** Party.
Please take this post in the jovial way it is intended.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 12:17   #13
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Trump. He is not a politician in spite of being elected to office by a majority of voters who, in desperation to avoid the then rival, voted for him. Or rather, against the opposition. Much the same as happened here!

1. He is an opportunistic chancer. That is not intended as a criticism, more a description of his business background, coloured by a mix of success and failure and his upbringing in a scarily competitive family.

2. He is American. That is to say politeness and deference are not the first item on his personal list of attitudes and his persona discourages ready agreement in others.

Prickly and quick to take offence, he can be easily sidelined by skilful handling such as deflection. His underlying mission is to win in any way he can. Coming second is to lose.
Intelligence is limited to the above and he is well suited to a business environment where his opinion is all that matters. He knows that ultimately he can use the tool of trade supremacy as a last lever of persuasion or resort, especially when faced with international opposition.

His genuine affection for UK royalty partially reflects his appreciation of the familial dynastic background of states such as UK. Coupled with a clever and friendly relationship with our PM he will be more likely to be persuaded into a generally warm relationship in future events.
When compared to his predecessors, notably Nixon but others as well, he is remarkably more (cautiously) trustworthy.

Phew.
Old 4th April 2020, 13:24   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

This time last year a niece and her husband came to Kenya from Chicago for their honeymoon. My niece is a physician at the Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Casually in making intelligent conversation, I asked what she thought of Mr Trump. She said she is a republican and he is a wonderful man who is for the people. She then went to make anti-Royal family comments. Her husband is a democrat and at home they keep off politics. I was sorry, I asked, but there you have it. A highly intelligent person, a medical professional who is a loyal Trump supporter.

There are many in the USA who think like my niece and want him to be re-elected. I did not want to ruin their honeymoon, so I changed the subject and had a quiet word with my wife. I said "What ever you do, keep off politics and don't mention Donald Trump........ SWMBO hates Trump......period!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 13:55   #15
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

There are many that will defend Trump. In spite of whatever you can say, he is not a typical politician, and that can only count in his favour.
He is also not beholden to the usual clan, as were a lot of his predecessors, which is another great plus.

And, as they say, "
"what is so good about Switzerland?" to which the reply is:
"well, - for starters - the flag is one big plus "
Old 4th April 2020, 14:01   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
There are many that will defend Trump. In spite of whatever you can say, he is not a typical politician, and that can only count in his favour.
He is also not beholden to the usual clan, as were a lot of his predecessors, which is another great plus.

And, as they say, "
"what is so good about Switzerland?" to which the reply is:
"well, - for starters - the flag is one big plus
"
How witty.....
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 14:29   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
The bloke may have BEEN successful, but he's also been bankrupted a couple of times,also he is mentally deranged and incapable of being president
The bankruptcy by his own admissions were business decisions to protect his other assets. Filing for 'chapter 7' protection in the US involves a method of protecting yourself from basically going broke, whilst admitting and declaring that you wont be paying. It is a cynical and selfish practice that unfortunately affects others' business. He did not need to do it on some occasions, as he had the funds, personally or otherwise to bail out or at least close businesses without debt.

He is successful not in business, but employing those that can, and will find a way to do what he wants.

--------------------------------------------

In terms of the masks, I actually think he is correct in not wearing them if he is symptom free, as long as he maintains social distancing. The number of people I have seen locally wearing masks that havent obviously been off or replaced is laughable. A total waste of time. Likewise those who wear gloves constantly everywhere. What is the point? Keep the gloves on, go shopping, pick up the products, set them back, transferring germs from the gloves to the other products, then get into the car and drive with the gloves on etc.......

With the shortage of PPE for medical personnel, and the need to change them frequently, his constant use of them would be almost hypocritical, and likely pointless and unnecessary.

As for Trump himself, I think he is a selfish pompus twit, but then that is just my opinion of him from TV. Never met him, but he could be a nice guy though......

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 15:41   #18
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
He is a businessman, and a highly successful one.
Well . . . been bankrupt five times . . . if one calls that sucess. Anyway, I'm much more interested that you live at/near Heathrow. I'd love to hear a recording from your garden now. It's an ill wind, possibly?

Dave
Old 4th April 2020, 19:15   #19
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Well . . . been bankrupt five times . . . if one calls that sucess. Anyway, I'm much more interested that you live at/near Heathrow. I'd love to hear a recording from your garden now. It's an ill wind, possibly?

Dave
It has been very quiet. Less than ten per cent of flights now, really weird.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 19:57   #20
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

'The problem, obviously being the problem.'

-Donald Trump- (2020)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...us-has-shifted