Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th March 2024, 14:48   #1
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default EWS Editor Lite

I'm having problems with the drivers on the above device, I downloaded the software, and it installed no problem, checked the files, and drivers are shown in the file for windows xp, and 98, but when i connect, via USB the drivers are not installed, so i went into device manager, clicked on EWS, tried to install drivers manually but they will not install, any idea what I'm doing wrong? it's on an Windows 10 laptop also i installed virtual box, with an windows xp operating system, but that's also refusing to open, i get an error and going into the system, changing the virtual setting isn't clearing it,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2024, 10:56   #2
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Is there a 32/64 bit option for the software download, if so have you selected the right one to match the OS that you are trying to use it with?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2024, 07:46   #3
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Is there a 32/64 bit option for the software download, if so have you selected the right one to match the OS that you are trying to use it with?
I gave up trying win windows 10, I have an old laptop that used to have windows 7 so I reloaded that, because, I understand that EWS Editor works ok on windows 7 in compatibility mode, I have now loaded up the files, and have finally got my head round what it is I need to do which is to install the drivers using command mode I'm also going to install my other rover related stuff on this other laptop, so i have everything in the same place, wiring diagrams, diagnostics,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote