Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th November 2012, 02:50   #1
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Lower Engine Mount OEM vs Others.

As some of you may know we or you may have had trouble with the lower engine mount on your R75 or MGZT and the difficulty in obtaining the OEM mounts and the cost of them if you have been able to obtaim them. I/you/we have gone down the road of trying powerflex mounts Red for diesel and Yellow for petrol with some good reports and some not so good reports of there use.
Some members have reported bad vibrations some have reported that the car is now smoother so the real reason for this thread is to try and gauge what and how the engine mounts you have fitted are working with your car now in the past and the near future.
Another reason is there is a new mount on the block so to speak from (roverlink)a chinese mount used on the Roewe/MG i am at the moment testing one of these and must say first impressions are very good no vibrations smooth gear change and also it is as near to the OEM mount as you can get if not better.
I am in talks with powerflex and Brown & Gammon at the moment with regards to the Red and Yellow mounts which i will reveal later after they have got back to me over a certain problem i/we have had with the mount,they have informed me of modifed or newer version which is in the process of being made and have also asked me to road test a couple which i am willing to do and report back to them and you the members.
But at the the moment we are testing three kind of mounts well four if your including the new OEM mount on my MG ZT
OEM fig 1

Powerflex fig 2 on a few cars both Red and yellow

Powerflex Red Diesel mount with a original metal and nylon insert from a OEM mount on trebors car cheers Rob.fig 3

Chinese (roverlink)Roewe/MG mount on my Diesel tourer Fig 4/5

Hopefully this last mount (roverlink) is going to be the one which will out last the cars life but we will see in time, please feel free to add your thoughts you have experienced on this subject and if you have any good or bad points on any or all of the mounts involved that way we can gauge which is best of the bunch cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote