Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th December 2012, 00:09   #1
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Default Running without a MAF

After regularly getting 50 to 54mpg, my CDT started to miss quite a bit....after engaging the help of MarinaBrian and his magic wand, we watched as my duff MAF was missing and then over fuelling....Brian disconnected the MAF and everything was hunky dory, but I wondered what MPG I would now get....

My OBD always worked out about 10% higher than my brim to brim tests( I check it brim to brim every week...so i know its correct). My OBD was now displaying(without the MAF) around 42-44mpg.....which if 10% had to come off that is disastrous compared to my actual(brim to brim) 50-54mpg with a good MAF....

However.....I filled up again today(for the first time) after disconnecting my faulty MAF.....

I had done 403 miles and filled up(back to the brim) with 39.03 litres of BP...The OBD was displaying 44.1 mpg, but I expected les than this(as explained above)

The 403 miles on 39.03 litres works out at 10.325 miles per litre or 46.9mpg.....which I am over the moon with....and needn't rush out and buy a new MAF...

I'll continue to monitor this at every fill up.. but there doesnt seem any real urgency now in buying a new MAF....although I will keep an eye on those Bosch MAFs on ebay, just incase this useless government manages to strengthen the £ and the price drops.....
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote