Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2012, 10:09   #1
ardvark
Al

75 CDTI Tourer Auto

Default Heathrow Travelers

Never been to Heathrow before. I need to drop off Dad and see him off. My question to the well traveled members is this :- Terminal 3 is where I have to go. Can I drop him off and then go to the short stay carpark or would it be better to go to the carpark first and walk thru? The reason I'm asking is because Dad is'nt to clever on his feet and can't walk to far without sitting down for a rest. He's too proud for a wheel chair by the way. How far is the short stay carpart from the terminal?
Old 29th April 2012, 09:41   #2
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

From what I can remember short term is opposite T3 anyway

http://www.heathrowairport.com/stati...p_1095x787.gif

If I remember the drop of lanes are between the car park and the terminal so you'd need to do a loop back round the one way to get into the car park and then park

If it were me, I'd leave a little extra time and park up and walk over with your Dad, all the Heathrow terminals can be a challenge to the uninitiated.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:38   #3
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I agree

I fly in and out of terminal 3 fairly often and it is best to make extra time and park in the short stay multi-storey and then you can go with your Dad. Even if you are in a hurry, it will take at least 10 minutes to get to check-in from the drop-off point and that is without luggage. If he has luggage then it is going to be longer. I usually have my luggage security wrapped which adds on another 10 minutes.

When you drive out from the tunnel, you will see all of the road signs for the correct lanes to be in. The short stay car park is in the 3rd and 4th right hand hand lanes.

Have a safe trip
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote