Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2020, 22:03   #21
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
I know Bri's straight talking can upset a lot of folk on here but believe me, once these skills disappear, members will either end up paying over the odds for a service that wont be as good, or the cars will end up being scrapped.

This place will be poorer without the knowledge and skills of the likes of Brian.. He isn't alone there as you are also guilty of going above and beyond to help out those, who are often strangers, that find themselves in need Andy!

As a club we are extremely lucky to have the help of many of the traders and knowledgable amateurs on here as well as a culture of helping each other out. Once some of the unique skills disappear i can't help but agree that keeping these old things on the road is likely to be problematic as most workshops would get lost trying to track down the more obscure faults and fall back onto throwing new parts at an issue until the problem is resolved, or not, often at great expence.

Without wishing to get embroiled in politics on here i will just say that i wish some would learn to bite their tongue before criticising people that often know far more than they....
Hmmmm rant over but annoyed would be an understatement!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:11   #22
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Somebody recently described involvement with 75/ZTs as an addiction. Perhaps Brian is in re-hab? All the best to him and his. I would like to thank him for everything that he has done for the forumsters. We have never met but I feel that I know him through the forum and his posts. Keep bobbing in for a chat marra. Hopefully you will continue to offer advice to us. All the best. Gan canny.
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:25   #23
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Brian...............Brian...........Brian. Hope this echo don’t go on for too long. BRIAN...........BRIAN..........BRIAN. Come on mate. You can not just disappear into the ether. What are us old f$€¥s going to do without your knowledge? Mind you, I can understand why you want to make a change in your life. Always having to go out of your way to put something right that the marque didn’t get right first time round. Must be a nauseating thing to do repetitive repairs all the while. If you are going to have a rest, just remember us and pop in occasionally to put somebody right. You enjoy yourself Bri , life’s to short not to. Good luck mate.
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:28   #24
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I'm honoured to have actually met Brian, what a lovely genuine guy!

He's really bent over backwards to help myself and many many others on here, and I for one will miss his witty batter greatly. The world would be a very boring place without stars like Brian shining through.

God speed Brian, I wish you well
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:33   #25
Ched

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

A sad day to hear this, good luck Brian, it was a pleasure to have met you, I raise my glass to you, till we meet again.....
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:44   #26
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Yes Dave. Seems as though Bri has asked the mods to shut his account down, as he does not want to participate anymore. His resignation is in the Technical section on 22 Feb . This forum will be a sadder place for us all. He was a straight talking gentleman. Did not suffer fools gladly, but would help anyone whoever they were. Only met him once, that was in Holland last year and found him to be a straight talking guy, who said it like it was. If you got offended, then that was up to you. At least he told you how it was. And I for one admired him for that. Why call a strip of sandpaper a silk purse. Good luck with whatever you do Brian. I will now lift a tot of whisky in your honour.

Last edited by bl52krz; 23rd February 2020 at 22:52..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:46   #27
Ched

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

We’ve lost a damn fine fella here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:50   #28
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Huge shame, never met him personally but he helped me a few times on here. Even sent me a front brake pipe he bent into shape, sent instructions on how to fit, and marked up the final bend that needed doing once on the car. And he wouldn’t even take the postage costs!
Getting harder to find experienced traders for these cars now.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 01:31   #29
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The bicycle of life is not without wobble or falls and its crossbar can deliver a painful and unexpected blow at times.

Brian has stood the test of time before and I hope that he will do so again.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 08:09   #30
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I have met Brian on a couple of Occasions once at Waltham Castle he stayed behind after everyone had gone to diagnose smoke on first thing start up, did everything he could didn't have too but he did, in the end he said it was a faulty injector he was spot on.
Brian for what its worth you are heads above some of these others who probably know a little bit about these ageing classics, just let it ride over your head and stay with us, you will only get bored with not telling it as it is.

Rev./
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote