Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th October 2020, 21:47   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Free sim with free data each month

https://3g.co.uk/three-data-reward-sim

I cannot see any catches at all, in Three's offer, perfect if you need a sim for remote control of your FBH etc.. 200Mb, free each and every month and unconditional. You do not have to top up.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 22:59   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post

I cannot see any catches at all, in Three's offer, perfect if you need a sim for remote control of your FBH etc.. 200Mb, free each and every month and unconditional. You do not have to top up.

that is a great find, but is it suitable for the FBH (I do not have one). I thought the FBH used a regular text message? ie not using internet. I dont know if there are the free sites that allow you to send free texts via the net?

Still a great find, though, double din use maybe?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 08:55   #3
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

That is a good find, this is okay if your 3 network is good where you are, I have just switched from 3 because of poor network even though their map shows us having good indoor and outdoor signal.

As I say great find if your in the right area.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 09:02   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
that is a great find, but is it suitable for the FBH (I do not have one). I thought the FBH used a regular text message? ie not using internet. I dont know if there are the free sites that allow you to send free texts via the net?

Still a great find, though, double din use maybe?
Good point and to be honest - I just don't know.

The first data only sim I bought more than a decade ago, did include a SMS / text ability.

I ordered one and it arrived this morning. I thought it might be handy to put in my now disused mifi unit in the caravan, as a back up to my phone packages built in 4Gb, using the phone as a wifi hotspot.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 20th October 2020, 09:22   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Just ordered one for a spare phone sat in a drawer, perfect, Thanks Harry

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 09:56   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

It does seem to accept text messages, or at least it did when tested in my mifi unit...

I brought the little mifi unit (Alcatel Onetouch 4G) in from the caravan, put it in its USB charging station. It already had an expired old 4Gb Three data sim in it, I replaced that with the free 200Mb sim, then sent a test test message to it twice and both messages appeared on the mifi units tiny display screen.

Old 20th October 2020, 18:05   #7
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Thanks for this heads-up. We're 3 users here and particularly benefit from the Go Roam benefits when travelling beyond the EU. Just getting two of these for our tablets for the rare occasion when we have no access to free wifi.

Better to have it and not need it than the other way around.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2020, 16:00   #8
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Angry

I ordered one of these for my FBH.
Put it in last weekend, not responding to texts & I get a auto message if I call the number saying it can't take the call at the mo please try later!!!!
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2020, 12:56   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
I ordered one of these for my FBH.
Put it in last weekend, not responding to texts & I get a auto message if I call the number saying it can't take the call at the mo please try later!!!!
It has to be activated first.

Old 31st October 2020, 14:41   #10
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
It has to be activated first.

Tried that, get a message that the sim has already been registered, not by me it hasn't.
Tried the forgotten password, say it will text me with a reset password...but the sim does not work!!!!!!

I think I'll go to a different provider, can't find a THREE email address, so given up.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote