Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th June 2012, 12:09   #11
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

It happened to me years ago, sold an Ambassador and a few days later they phoned threatening to take me to court for some reason or other, I just said `see you there', and put the phone down, never heard anymore.
But getting back to the OP, it would be nice if someone local could pop over and see if its being used or not.
oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 12:22   #12
Rico135+
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardiokate View Post
With it being a 190 I assume it's a v6 which are not known for HGF?

IMO he's trying it on... Not that he has any comeback anyway.
This^

He's heard that Rover's suffer from HGF so is trying it on...
Rico135+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 12:22   #13
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Just say two words to people like that the first one starts with an F and second one is off. Sad to say but it's luck when you buy a car and in this case his is bad
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 12:35   #14
norfie
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8T saloon

I know you must being feeling a bit responsible for what has happened as I would be feeling the same but you sold the car in good faith and at what I believe was under market value. So as long as you were happy with the condition of the car when sold try not to worry too much as we all know something can go wrong at any time. I hope this guy is not trying to pull a fast one.
norfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 18:16   #15
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

I would advise that you inform the seller that you listed the car in good faith and that the advert was an accurate reflection on the state of the car, additionally I would point out that I had been driving the car for X number of weeks before the sale. I wouls apologise, but point out that this was a private sale and the responsibilty is on the buyer (you) to satisfy that it meets you requirements. The sale was based on no warranty given or implied, plus you were at liberty to inspect the car before the auction ended.

I would also look at when he put his bid in 03-Jun-12 21:31:20 auction ended 03 Jun, 2012 22:05:04 so
34 minutes before then end he bid, yet he didn't attempt to contact you before to ask any questions.
He took the risk in buying this car on spec, he didn't do his homework and now if he has a lemon with HGF, that his now his problem. Once the car changes hands it becomes his responsibility unless he can prove you deliberately mislead the buyer into parting with his cash. Very difficult as you have offered viewings, he didn't take your offer, plus he didn't even contact you.

I would advise him to seek legal advice and they will tell him that he is responsible now unless he can prove that he was mislead. He will have to either instigate a claim throught the SCC and will have to prove he was mislead into buying this car, or he can open a dispute with e-bay, once again he will have to prove he was mislead. Either way it is up to him to make the next move.

Forgot to ask, what is the buyer asking for; a full refund?

It is immaterial now if the HG has failed, it could have happened five minutes down the road so any engineers reports would be worthless if he tried to claim; his only grounds was that he was mislead, but he didn't check it out, so tough luck.

Keep us informed so we can advise you.

Advert

MG ZT 190 FACELIFT '54 PLATEE IN X POWER GREY.
THIS CAR IS COMPLETELY SOUND, NEEDS NO SERVICING AND LOOKS REALLY SPECIAL.
IF YOU WANT ONE OF THESE, YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER ONE FOR THIS MONEY IN THIS CONDITION - ESPECIALLY WITH THE BUMPER/GRILL MOD.
PREMIUM V8 BUMPER WITH STAINLESS GRILL AND SURROUND, SPECIALLY MADE BY ME.
SPOILER AND STAINLESS TIPPED EXHAUST FINISHES THE WHOLE EFFECT.
MOT UNTIL DECEMBER 2012 AND TAX UNTIL END OF NOVEMBER 2012.
IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, 153,000 MILES WITH FULL HISTORY, SERVICING DONE BY CHALKES OF MERE, THEN, THIS YEAR BY MYSELF.
THE CAR HAS ALWAYS HAD PROPER SERVICING, SO ENGINE IS POWERFUL, SMOOTH AND QUIET WITH NO LEAKS OR OTHER ISSUES.
LAST SERVICE 1200 MILES AGO. CAMBELTS DONE AT 90K.
NO ISSUES WITH ANYTHING - IT ALL WORKS - AIRCON ICE COLD, KENWOOD CD CHANGER WITH STEERING WHEEL CONTROL ETC.
WHOLE INTERIOR IS IN EXCELLENT CLEAN CONDITION (NOT SMOKED IN).
TWO EXCELLENT ORIGINAL REMOTE KEYS.
GOOD TYRES ALL ROUND, FRONTS NEW ONLY 1000 MILES AGO. ALL DISCS AND PADS IN EXCELLENT ORDER. HANDBRAKE COMPENSATOR MOD, (SO WORKS ONE CLICK) - ALLOYS ARE CORRODED AND COULD DO WITH A REFURB.
CAR CAN BE VIEWED IN THE YEOVIL AREA (BA22 POST CODE)
PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE NEGATIVE OR NO FEEDBACK.
UK BIDDERS ONLY, PLEASE.
IF SOLD BEFORE END OF AUCTION, THE CAR MAY BE REMOVED FROM HERE, THANKS.
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE E-MAIL OR PHONE 07719 195585

Last edited by rover54; 13th June 2012 at 18:30..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 21:05   #16
*ZIMON*

MG ZT

The whole thing has been a nightmare. I have had confirmation that the car had broken down. Incidentally the 'buyer' you were referring to never contacted and sale was cancelled. Hmmm!
The sale I'm referring to was after a second go on Ebay! Where my buyer asked to buy for less than starting price. We agreed on £1100.
I know cars are bought as seen etc, however, some may say I crumbled but I'm refunding £300 as a goodwill gesture.
If you had exchanged as many phone texts in the last three days as I have, trying to sort it out and tried to keep working at my busy job, I think you'd understand.
Thankyou very much for your interest and detailed input.
All the best, Simon.
*ZIMON* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 21:17   #17
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ZIMON* View Post
The whole thing has been a nightmare. I have had confirmation that the car had broken down. Incidentally the 'buyer' you were referring to never contacted and sale was cancelled. Hmmm!
The sale I'm referring to was after a second go on Ebay! Where my buyer asked to buy for less than starting price. We agreed on £1100.
I know cars are bought as seen etc, however, some may say I crumbled but I'm refunding £300 as a goodwill gesture.
If you had exchanged as many phone texts in the last three days as I have, trying to sort it out and tried to keep working at my busy job, I think you'd understand.
Thankyou very much for your interest and detailed input.
All the best, Simon.
Hi Simon.
In my book you are a genuine seller and trustworthy because you have bothered to put your self out there and find out what as happended and be concerned from the off now buy giving a good will gesture you have full filled any buyers questions that needed to be answered you can now sleep well knowing you have done the right thing good on you, not many gents like you around anymore all the best Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 08:37   #18
Brek
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 180+ 2.5 V6 Manual

the OP sounds a genuine and moral chap. I would advise him to tell the purchaser to 'Do one' I very much doubt the HG has failed. Like others have said everyone thinks all Rovers suffer from it.
Brek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 08:40   #19
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Call his bluff, get the car back and give him a refund, as long as the car hasn't been altered or damaged in any other way
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 09:09   #20
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ZIMON* View Post
I hope I'm wrong and that by doing that, it doesn't bite you in the bum!

Because by doing that, if he took you to small claims Court, by making a refund, I'm sure that the Court would see this as an admission that you knew that the car had a fault and award him the full repair costs!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote