Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2007, 18:13   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Oh I see well forget the radio that is irrelevant not sure re smart nav though does that use the message centre as well? if so you would be looking at the toggle switch route

As for OBC my V8 had the message centre display but no OBC and the first thing I did was get hold of a left hand stalk with the trip button

Result full OBC (well V8 version no MPG but digital speedo instead)
I would be surprised if you could not fit the stalk to yours as well

However if you have the message centre then stalk or no stalk TM should work

If the wiring is already there it really would be a 10 minute job to prove if both stalk and TM work on your car, anyone local to you willing to swap over the bits for a few minutes, I will if you are close enough.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:18   #12
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Oh I see well forget the radio that is irrelevant not sure re smart nav though does that use the message centre as well? if so you would be looking at the toggle switch route

As for OBC my V8 had the message centre display but no OBC and the first thing I did was get hold of a left hand stalk with the trip button

Result full OBC (well V8 version no MPG but digital speedo instead)
I would be surprised if you could not fit the stalk to yours as well

However if you have the message centre then stalk or no stalk TM should work

If the wiring is already there it really would be a 10 minute job to prove if both stalk and TM work on your car, anyone local to you willing to swap over the bits for a few minutes, I will if you are close enough.
Smartnav is seperate as far as I can tell. A kind offer you made there Keith but I am near Skeggy!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 12:47   #13
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Lo-Line Nav and TrafficMaster
I have said in the past that installing TrafficMaster in cars with Lo-Line Nav is not going to work as both systems use the same input wire to the message centre

But I have had a think.

Or (and this will work)
Use a toggle switch so you can select either, and when on the move with TM selected you would still have voiced nav commands.
Can you advise the wiring changes that would be different from the how to instructions if you go for the switch route.
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 14:12   #14
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

All you need is a miniature (or any size) SPDT switch like this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...2340&criteria=

The existing black pink wire from the cluster is cut and connected to the common terminal. The other end of that wire is connected to one of the other terminals. The wire from the TM unit is then connected to the remaining terminal then the cluster will display info from whatever source is selected.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 22:43   #15
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Red face

Quote:

The existing black pink wire from the cluster is cut and connected to the common terminal. The other end of that wire is connected to one of the other terminals. The wire from the TM unit is then connected to the remaining terminal then the cluster will display info from whatever source is selected.
Thanks will try this - haven't decided if better to go for the toggle switch and try hiding or go for a switch like the smart nav switch in the panel below the air conditioning unit
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 12:23   #16
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN190 View Post
Thanks will try this - haven't decided if better to go for the toggle switch and try hiding or go for a switch like the smart nav switch in the panel below the air conditioning unit
Could not the Traffic Master Smart Nav (Subscribed) Button be used instead? It would fit in nicely in the Switch panel if you have the Space, not sure off hand on connections will have a look in the MGR75 Wiring/Electrical Manual. (It does hold max of 5, switches still available through X Part and cutout wood surrounds in 1,2,3,4, and 5 hole configurations)
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 17:15   #17
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Could not the Traffic Master Smart Nav (Subscribed) Button be used instead? It would fit in nicely in the Switch panel if you have the Space, not sure off hand on connections will have a look in the MGR75 Wiring/Electrical Manual. (It does hold max of 5, switches still available through X Part and cutout wood surrounds in 1,2,3,4, and 5 hole configurations)
John

This is the option I would prefer but I cannot find the 5 hole cutout on the Xpart web site or even the smartnav switch. Just hope you can enlighten me if that switch will be compatable.
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 18:41   #18
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post
John

This is the option I would prefer but I cannot find the 5 hole cutout on the Xpart web site or even the smartnav switch. Just hope you can enlighten me if that switch will be compatable.
Hi Madone, The Part Numbers on the XPart EPC are:
1 Hole FJV101390PWI
2 Hole FJV101400PWI
3 Hole FJV101410PWI
4 Hole FJV101420PWI
5 Hole FJV101430PWI
All above are listed as Burr Walnut but ARE available, also in 3 other colours, Light Oak ends AGC rest the same . They cost around £10.50 + VAT each.

The Switch - Navigation is Part No: YUG001150PUY Is Priced at £16.27.

I hope above helps, they are available from XPart Dealers or Rimmers.
Will check Wiring Diagrams when Home for you re switch. (Sad isn't it carrying the EPC Disc with me!)

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 17th January 2007 at 18:55.. Reason: Codes updated
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 21:42   #19
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Hi Madone, The Part Numbers on the XPart EPC are:
1 Hole FJV101390PWI
2 Hole FJV101400PWI
3 Hole FJV101410PWI
4 Hole FJV101420PWI
5 Hole FJV101430PWI
All above are listed as Burr Walnut but ARE available, also in 3 other colours, Light Oak ends AGC rest the same . They cost around £10.50 + VAT each.

The Switch - Navigation is Part No: YUG001150PUY Is Priced at £16.27.

I hope above helps, they are available from XPart Dealers or Rimmers.
Will check Wiring Diagrams when Home for you re switch. (Sad isn't it carrying the EPC Disc with me!)
Thanks a lot John really appreciated
Old 31st January 2007, 18:31   #20
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:

Finally got round to fitting TM this afternoon after reading every thread on the subject on both sites. Following Keiths idea of fitting a toggle switch, due to having Lo Line Sat Nav, I obviously went for this option. The fitting went ok and then I turned it on. No TM on the display

Went for a drive and still nothing. Set the Sat Nav for a route and used it as normal then put the switch over but it did not go to a blank screen, just froze. The lady kept talking to me but it was if she did not know where she was going

Have tried every combination with the 3 connections on the switch but still no success. It appears that when switching the sat nav just freezes, it does not change to a blank screen. It has to be turned off and on to enable its use again. I have not tried to hard wire it direct, as if I have not got Sat Nav.

Hope this makes sense any ideas to fix welcome.