Notices

Old 15th January 2024, 14:36   #173161
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
He certainly sounds like his old self again. Hopefully I’ll be able to get to see him this year.
Hopefully he'll feel up to re-entering the madhouse (here) as well!

Had to go out, wasn't planning to until I got text from Ging. Jeez, its baltic out there, still below zero and snow is forecast . . . . 3-5cm tomorrow!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2024, 15:15   #173162
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Thanks for the update Bob, hopefully Rich will be back on here soon.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 15th January 2024, 15:43   #173163
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Good to hear about Rich doing OK, I miss his Father Ted avatar. Just locked the garage up & it's bloomin' perishing out there with yellow warnings out for snow tomorrow. The onion seedlings in the greenhouse look decidedly cream crackered now with these -C temps Good job I got the shopping done online again as I'm staying indoors tomorrow bah humbug.
Beef lasagne & garlic baguette for tea tonight.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2024, 18:50   #173164
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

I was in Lidl earlier, spotted slippers. I need slippers, mine are falling to bits. Had a choice, black or tartan . . . . black, I’m not old enough for tartan slippers . . . . yet

T4 Location Map
Old 16th January 2024, 07:11   #173165
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, We've got snow here this morning.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 16th January 2024 at 07:51..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2024, 07:22   #173166
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Oh no, hope your mum is OK Mike.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Finally sorted some care after lots of ringing, pushing and shoving! I wonder how many other folks are sent home with no hope of "normal" living or care. My mum has never claimed a penny in her 98 years yet, despite them being told several times that she lived on her own, still sent her home with a broken arm, to look after herself! I know that the NHS is under pressure and that is probably why they didn't keep her in but ??????? It seems that if they send them home, their problem is passed on. I wonder how many others are out there with no-one to "push" for them?

The emergency team came out yesterday to wash her and get her fresh clothes on. I have no "expertise" in such things and was hurting, more than helping when I tried, resulting in her being sick!
Old 16th January 2024, 07:39   #173167
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Finally sorted some care after lots of ringing, pushing and shoving! I wonder how many other folks are sent home with no hope of "normal" living or care. My mum has never claimed a penny in her 98 years yet, despite them being told several times that she lived on her own, still sent her home with a broken arm, to look after herself! I know that the NHS is under pressure and that is probably why they didn't keep her in but ??????? It seems that if they send them home, their problem is passed on. I wonder how many others are out there with no-one to "push" for them?

The emergency team came out yesterday to wash her and get her fresh clothes on. I have no "expertise" in such things and was hurting, more than helping when I tried, resulting in her being sick!
I am sorry your mum and yourself are having to go through this suffering. I worked in the NHS for almost 40 years and it’s always been under pressure despite being reorganised several times since its conception.

Care in the community varies according to where you live. Your mum is entitled to a full needs assessment in her home. Ideally home care should be going in several times a day to assist your mum with dressing, washing, getting and out of bed, meals and so on until she fully independent and her arm has healed.

I think how Covid has scared the hospital authorities not into discharging patients who cannot look themselves into care homes again, otherwise they stay in hospital blocking beds for weeks and months. The alternative is to discharge home with community follow up.

My thoughts are with your mum and yourself……
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2024, 07:48   #173168
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all,

Just had physio to strengthen post op leg. Jessica is having physio for her back and hip.

Tomorrow morning at 10 am, I am having an endoscopy under sedation to inspect everything.

Otherwise it’s a lovely day here.

We have bought a 6 - stage water purification system as the old one has packed up. We get our water from a bore hole and it has to be ok for drinking.

Take care and look after the ones you love.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2024, 08:25   #173169
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post

All it took was one phone call to the Adult Social Services here in Cornwall and the army of carers, nurses and equipment swung into operation after my fall.
The carers still come in but because I have regained most of my in dependency they only come in around lunchtime.

I would keep onto Adult Social Services till you get a positive result. I believe because of your Mums age she is entitled to at least 4 hours care a day, but obviously different areas have different rules.

I wish your Mum a full recovery.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2024, 08:33   #173170
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, We've got snow here this morning.
No snow here, least not yet, it is forecast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Tomorrow morning at 10 am, I am having an endoscopy under sedation to inspect everything.
Thankfully I’m done with endoscopies. Used to have them regularly, liver problem can cause varicose veins in the gut but they changed my blood pressure med to one that specifically targets veins in the gut.

Had high winds yesterday, think it’s done something to the Sky dish, no signal. Having to rely on Freeview.

T4 Location Map