Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th August 2021, 07:08   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRover View Post
I've fallen in love with the MG... The guy only had to fire her up and I was smitten with that V6 lol

BUT...

The right sill is doomed - the underside looks really good all over but that sill has gone badly around the rear jacking point and there's some slight paint bubbling on the outer part so will need the whole thing doing. How much am I looking at to get it done? The car is fantastic and seems to have been well looked after...
I think do a search via the forum for Tom Hobbs. He is doing sill work and by all accounts is damn good, this may be his web site https://www.tjhobbs.com/my-story.html

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 08:08   #12
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Brilliant thanks for the link
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 21:51   #13
Nick91
Regular poster

Rover 75

Bear in mind that you could still have to pay a charge with a petrol model too. I don’t know about cities other than London, but in London you’d need a 2005 petrol version to avoid the ULEZ toll: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...s?intcmp=52215

As far as I’m aware converting a car to LPG doesn’t impact eligibility for ULEZ.
Nick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 07:04   #14
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick91 View Post
Bear in mind that you could still have to pay a charge with a petrol model too. I don’t know about cities other than London, but in London you’d need a 2005 petrol version to avoid the ULEZ toll: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...s?intcmp=52215

As far as I’m aware converting a car to LPG doesn’t impact eligibility for ULEZ.
Dang - just looked up Birmingham and it's 2006 onward. To be honest I'm at the point where I'm just going to take my chances - I agreed a price with the bloke last night. I've wanted one of these for years and there seems to be less and less on the road as time goes by. When I first joined this forum they used to pop up quite frequently in the for sale section and quite reasonably priced too but now some of the asking prices on eBay and the like are astronomical! This one is a Trophy Blue 180 just had £650 spent on the belts and has a folder full of history and receipts. Lovely condition inside and out other than the sill I mentioned and has a V8 exhaust fitted. At £950 I can't complain!
Old 19th August 2021, 11:16   #15
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

Quote:
Dang - just looked up Birmingham and it's 2006 onward. To be honest I'm at the point where I'm just going to take my chances - I agreed a price with the bloke last night. I've wanted one of these for years and there seems to be less and less on the road as time goes by. When I first joined this forum they used to pop up quite frequently in the for sale section and quite reasonably priced too but now some of the asking prices on eBay and the like are astronomical! This one is a Trophy Blue 180 just had £650 spent on the belts and has a folder full of history and receipts. Lovely condition inside and out other than the sill I mentioned and has a V8 exhaust fitted. At £950 I can't complain!
Put the cars reg into the Gov site to see if you're actually charged - https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

My ZT-T 180 auto comes up as no charge for any of the current clean air zones.

spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 12:51   #16
Nick91
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeh View Post
Put the cars reg into the Gov site to see if you're actually charged - https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

My ZT-T 180 auto comes up as no charge for any of the current clean air zones.

That’s interesting, my v6 tourer comes up as chargeable in Birmingham. What year is your ZT-T? Mines an 04. Probably why it was sold actually, as it’s a brum reg.
Nick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 13:44   #17
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick91 View Post
That’s interesting, my v6 tourer comes up as chargeable in Birmingham. What year is your ZT-T? Mines an 04. Probably why it was sold actually, as it’s a brum reg.
I've just put my old REG plates and a load of random ones I've found on ebay.

MK1 V6 75 or ZT Auto - No charge
MK1 V6 75 or ZT Manual - £8 charge in brum
MK2 V6 75 or ZT Auto or Manual - £8 charge in brum

So it looks like for whatever reason MK1 V6 Autos haven't been included in the charging scheme, but all other 75/ZTs have.
spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 14:31   #18
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Mine’s for sale. Depending how you drive, you will get 25-30 MPG and it’s not liable to the clean air zone charges. Why not come across and have a look? My son will show you the car if you do. Look for the white gold tourer (minty2).

Quote:
I'm in a bit of a quandary - I need a Tourer. I've seen two completely different ones I like but there just seem to be a lot of variables to consider so it'd be good to bounce off some ideas:

The first is a 75 diesel - literally the Tourer version of my saloon with the wooden dash, wheel etc. As we all know 45-50mpg but I'm worried about clean air zones. I don't travel that much in and out of city centres but I'd hate to be in a position where nipping over to Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan perhaps even Warrington where we like to go shopping and have a coffee might in a couple of years end up costing me. And I'm worried it's the thin end of the wedge - I'm from Liverpool and it's been reported for years that there are some areas outside the city centre (particularly along the old docks) that have some of the worst air pollution in the country. What's to stop them extending these zones, presumably with Govt backing and gusto in the march to drive diesels off the roads...

The second is a trophy blue MG ZT 180 just had the belts done and seems to have been well looked after. I couldn't run a 20mpg car so would be looking to fit LPG which is doable as the price is considerably lower vs the diesel. The E5 E10 game shouldn't impact me too much if I'm only using premium to get the engine warmed up.

Take the logic out of it and I prefer the diesel. I just love the facelift 75 - I think it has the right balance between cool and class and the wooden dash etc is just so much more pleasing to me than the MGs sporty look.

What think ye all?
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 16:40   #19
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty2 View Post
Mine’s for sale. Depending how you drive, you will get 25-30 MPG and it’s not liable to the clean air zone charges. Why not come across and have a look? My son will show you the car if you do. Look for the white gold tourer (minty2).
I bought the MG sorry mate - fell in love with it the moment I saw it
Old 19th August 2021, 18:18   #20
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeh View Post
I've just put my old REG plates and a load of random ones I've found on ebay.

MK1 V6 75 or ZT Auto - No charge
MK1 V6 75 or ZT Manual - £8 charge in brum
MK2 V6 75 or ZT Auto or Manual - £8 charge in brum

So it looks like for whatever reason MK1 V6 Autos haven't been included in the charging scheme, but all other 75/ZTs have.
I checked mine out today as we are heading up to Birmingham next weekend and it shows as no charge - 53 plate (2004) mk1 ZT-T 190 (coincidentally also a Birmingham registered car).
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote