Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th May 2010, 09:20   #1
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Default Northampton Newbie.

Hi all,
As the title say's, I'm from Northampton and I have owned a 2002 on 52 plate Rover 75 Club SE Tourer. It been a great car for the last 4 years that I have owned it and I'm now having it converted to run on LPG.
I'm a 52 year old male, married with a 15 year old son and I have two springer spaniels, which love and guard the back of the Rover... That's there place.

I have a question;- The skinny spare that I carry is a 195 tyre and I was wondering if Rover 75's actually carry a even skinny'er spare? The reason being is that the LPG tank is in the wheel well with the spare wheel on top. But the wheel won't sit any lower and sticks up around 3 to 4 inches higher than the board. I'm after a wheel that will sit lower and so sits under the board.

Fluffle-Valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 09:33   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Welcome to the club.
The spacesaver is the only option other than a can of goo which is OK as long as the deflated tyre is not in to bad a condition. Most members go for a full size spare and take the hit on boot space. No other options I'm afraid. Not such a big deal with a tourer.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 09:56   #3
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

As GG has posted, you won't get the spare in the wheel well with a tank there. I keep a full 17" spare in the boot, but I have purchased a cover for it so that it's nice and neat.

When I need an empty boot such as a trip to IKEA I just leave the spare at home. I do carry a couple of Tyreweld cans at all times as well.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:39   #4
Bartonrover
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT & V6 saloons in Wedgwood

Hi all,
As the title say's, I'm from Northampton and I have owned a 2002 on 52 plate Rover 75 Club SE Tourer. It been a great car for the last 4 years that I have owned it and I'm now having it converted to run on LPG.

AJ -
Would be interested to know the approximate cost of the conversion. Do all conversions place the cylinder in the spare wheel well? Thought I had seen one where it was lengthwise behind the rear seat - or is that just on saloons? I suppose that arrangement may be impractical for the Tourer? My V6 costs me about 18p a mile in petrol - what does LPG work out at? PM me if you prefer. Robert
Bartonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:17   #5
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartonrover View Post
Hi all,

AJ -
Would be interested to know the approximate cost of the conversion. Do all conversions place the cylinder in the spare wheel well? Thought I had seen one where it was lengthwise behind the rear seat - or is that just on saloons? I suppose that arrangement may be impractical for the Tourer? My V6 costs me about 18p a mile in petrol - what does LPG work out at? PM me if you prefer. Robert
LPG is about half the cost of petrol, but you will take a hit of about 15% on mpg. This is because LPG has a lower calorific value than petrol. There is no noticeable difference in performance tho'. I have been running LPG for about two years now. I don't know what the cost of a V6 would be, the best person to ask is member BernardLPG. He is the forums gasman You can get a bigger tank if you put one in the boot. I get about 250 miles (motorway 300 miles) per wheel well tank. You also use petrol, of course, to start the engine and you should take this into account for accurate running cost analysis. My conversion has now paid for itself and was well worth doing.
HTH

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 16:29   #6
maxtherotti
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t 190 se, mg zs 180 saloon

[quote=Fluffle-Valve;522447]Hi all,
I'm a 52 year old male, married with a 15 year old son and I have two springer spaniels, which love and guard the back of the Rover... That's there place.

Hi fluffle
i thought they like looking after the series landy more???

rob
maxtherotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 17:38   #7
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemac View Post
I don't know what the cost of a V6 would be, the best person to ask is member BernardLPG. He is the forums gasman
HTH
when he come back of his long (some say to long )hoilday.
then im jumping in 1st if I get my way. lpg
Bernard come home soon.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 17:55   #8
Garden
Loves to post

Rover 75

Hello and welcome to the club Fluffle-Valve.
Nice colour tourer you have there
You will find this club the most friendly and helpfull around.
For just a few golden coins of the realm, you can turn red and benefit from the club further.

Gary.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 07:15   #9
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

[quote=maxtherotti;522617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffle-Valve View Post
Hi all,

Hi fluffle
i thought they like looking after the series landy more???

rob
In a way Rob, your right. They do spend more time in the landy, but they would guard the back of yours, if you put them in there... LOL

This is a very small world with the internet now.
Fancy bumping into you here!...?
Old 13th May 2010, 07:17   #10
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Hello and welcome to the club Fluffle-Valve.
Nice colour tourer you have there
You will find this club the most friendly and helpfull around.
For just a few golden coins of the realm, you can turn red and benefit from the club further.

Gary.
I've not quite gone all over this forum yet, but how do you mean?