Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th September 2021, 14:15   #1
Mikem

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Unknown Plug

Can anyone identify the plug in the center of the picture. It is a 2 wire plug is in the same loom as the Trinary switch. I believe it must have been plugged into something, being a 2003 if it wasn't it would be black and dirty.
I have looked every where in the area and cannot see anything it plugs into.

I have had a new top acorn engine mount fitted recently, never noticed it before this work was carried out. Also I am experiencing engine overheating and the fan doesn't seem to cut in when engine gets hot.

H E L P !!!

Mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2021, 14:50   #2
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Can anyone identify the plug in the center of the picture. It is a 2 wire plug is in the same loom as the Trinary switch. I believe it must have been plugged into something, being a 2003 if it wasn't it would be black and dirty.

I have had a new top acorn engine mount fitted recently, never noticed it before this work was carried out. Also I am experiencing engine overheating and the fan doesn't seem to cut in when engine gets hot.

H E L P !!!

Just had a look at mine when topping up the washer bottle.

It's a three wire plug, green / purple / green black wires, looks like it has never been fitted and nothing within reach it could connect to.

05 cdti tourer.
Old 19th September 2021, 16:38   #3
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Had a quick look at my 2003 75 CDTI in between rain showers and I don’t seem to have that connector fitted to mine, my 190 however has a similar looking connector on the traction control (although the wires are a different colour to yours).
It’s highly unusual for a diesel to overheat wether the fan works or not, have you considered thermostat failed shut, water pump impeller worn or insufficient coolant?
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful, Paul.
bsafly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2021, 17:27   #4
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Sorry can't help either, other than say it's not for traction control as that connector is oblong (rounded edges) and has only two round pins.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2021, 17:41   #5
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post

H E L P !!!

There's a separate 3-wire jumper loom on the O/S of the rear of the engine compartment (ie not part of another loom) in that area which connects (maybe) that plug to the Xenon level sensor down near rge front suspension arm. If you have other headlights fitted then that plug will be vacant.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2021, 17:47   #6
Mikem

Rover 75 Saloon

Many thanks. Double checked mine is 3 wire not 2 (Need new glasses) lol. I not great with electrics have lopoked at wiring diagrams it all double dutch to me. As yours is the same i wont worry about it. someone may know what its for. Our 75's obviously dont have whatever it is for fiotted. I cannot understand why it is so clean.
Many Thanks
Mike
Mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2021, 08:05   #7
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

I'd guess at the heated washer jet wiring, but someone has pulled it through to the engine bay.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote