Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2019, 11:40   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Drive it Day........................................

.................................................. ......... we started off meeting at Kernow Mill. SonicZS, Cable Tie, Ratty and I. With SonicZS leading we convoyed onto Trelawne Garden Centre, Wadebridge, to meet Cengar and I've_Just_Got_One, although he brought his MG ZS. We all trooped in for a hearty breakfast to start the day off. We had booked ahead so there was reserved tables for us, needed this as the place is hugely popular.

After food we then convoyed onto Davidstow Moor Airfield, a former RAF WW11 base. Cengar has connections with the airfield so the museum were expecting us. They do not normally do guided tours but today that's what we had, our own guide. We started with a film show in the Roxie cinema.
After the airfield closed in 1945 it hosted Formula 1 racing which was sadly cut short after the fatal crash at Le Mans. Crowd safety was the cause of the closure.

And the museum laid on a wee spread in the NAAFI just for us, although we had now had picked two other visitors who joined us for the food and hot drinks, We were not bothered as there was only two of them. They did thank us.

When we left the museum I was designated the lead car, bad mistake that. Paul & Linda (SonicZS) were finding there own way home. Ross & Anita (Cengar) were going in the opposite direction. Gary & Wendy (I've_Just_Got_One) also were going off on there own.
So I was leading Matt & Shirley (Cable Tie), Allen & Val (Ratty) home.

Should have turned left, I went right. After getting lost at a roundabout Ratty took the lead.

Anyway here is a few photo's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1574.jpg (137.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1576.jpg (139.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1594.jpg (138.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1595.jpg (132.6 KB, 17 views)

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote