Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2009, 21:17   #21
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Just remember. the roads on the Pembrokeshire coastline are not suitable for a lot of traffic as I used to love comming across campers stuck when I was a kid.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 07:36   #22
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Thank you all very much :lol:

I never expected that sort of response I was expecting to be told to don't be so daft and settle down with the pension

You all make very valid points and one was one of us becoming ill. I have already sorted out health insurance that would get us both home with the van and also covers us for getting home by ambulance as well if required.

I have also looked into the telly with hard drive unit with a directional digital aerial as well of course. I already have a lap top and dongle so thats not a problem apart from poor signal areas. I was planning on doing a blog but could just do it on here if that would be ok with the team.

I know its over a year before we do it but I have had a look at van prices and for 20k a decent sized one could be bought which would have mileage of around 40k on. A decent service and an mot would do us for a year and membership of a the AA would back that up.

I like the idea of arranging it around things that are going on around the country and booking pitches and tickets in advance as well.

As I said earlier we would be doing about 100 miles and then staying for two or three days in one spot. This is where our bus passes would come into play so getting around the local area would be free.

Thanks to all of you and anymore thoughts please post them up.

Ken :lol:
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 07:45   #23
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post

Oh yes and can I come.

No you can't :lol:
Old 8th June 2009, 07:48   #24
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Go and enjoy yourselves,
you both deserve it ken.
We expect a Photo update as you call in around the Country.
We will be around Betsy whats its name for a few days so would pop over John :lol:
Old 8th June 2009, 07:52   #25
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

English (OAP) bus Passes are not Valid in Wales but you can purchase a weekly ticket in different Locations which saves a lot.
But so much to see and do in this Lovely country Ken,
hope to "bump" into you whilst here.

EDIT:

Not far away at all. Would come over to you if easier that would be lovely to see you both.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 09:30   #26
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
This is where our bus passes would come into play so getting around the local area would be free.

Thanks to all of you and anymore thoughts please post them up.

Ken :lol:
Two of my JZR friends take themselves off to Spain most winters in their camper, they've been doing it health allowing for years, and they reckon it's no more expensive than being at home.

They do pull a trailer, and take either their JZR or an old Panda to use as everyday transport, but then I wouldn't imagine there's much buspass availability in Spain!

As others have said, Ken, go for it!

Malcolm
Old 8th June 2009, 09:49   #27
zojosc
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE Saloon

Go for it Ken. I would love to have the cash to take a year out. Remember to throw away your watch(aka Easy Rider) and keep an eye out for rednecks.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:05   #28
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Go for it!!

Luckily, in the British Isles, your not really far from anywhere. I personally wouldn´t get a mobile home but something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Vintag...3A1%7C294%3A50

Or a Safari like 2Diesel has. Why??

The van would be part of the holiday and would look great behind the Rover (get to use the Rover all the time!!) The van you can park up at different campsites all over the country (safe and all amenities - well nearly always). With the van parked up you can explore the country side in the car witch is a lot easier that carting a big vehicle (into Tescos carpark etc etc). The van would be slower (but who´s in a hurry??) The money saved on the van would enable you to do all the luxuries you want! The Rover with a nice van on the back would certainly make you a lot of friends along the way. If you wanted, you could always park the van up in a nice place and then -nip home- for a couple of days to sort the post and let the cat out!!! The driving experience with a little van on the back is really good fun!

Just a thought Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 10:09   #29
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Go for it!!

Luckily, in the British Isles, your not really far from anywhere. I personally wouldn´t get a mobile home but something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Vintag...3A1%7C294%3A50

Or a Safari like 2Diesel has. Why??

The van would be part of the holiday and would look great behind the Rover (get to use the Rover all the time!!) The van you can park up at different campsites all over the country (safe and all amenities - well nearly always). With the van parked up you can explore the country side in the car witch is a lot easier that carting a big vehicle (into Tescos carpark etc etc). The van would be slower (but who´s in a hurry??) The money saved on the van would enable you to do all the luxuries you want! The Rover with a nice van on the back would certainly make you a lot of friends along the way. If you wanted, you could always park the van up in a nice place and then -nip home- for a couple of days to sort the post and let the cat out!!! The driving experience with a little van on the back is really good fun!

Just a thought Alan
Sorry Ken! Thought of course that you had a 75 or a ZT!!! First thing to do is get a diesel tourer with atowbar etcAlan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 10:12   #30
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Don't do it - the roads are too busy, think of the fuel cots, think of your creature comforts, think of the weather - the list is endless. Life is too short to put yourself under this type of self inflicted stress. Stay at home instead - have you considered an absorbing jigsaw puzzle? Counter arguement done
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote