Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2011, 22:32   #21
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Not the best of turn outs for the mini get together tonight at the Hollow Tree, just me and Steve (firefly) nice chat however. Hopefully we'll be able to generate a bit more interest for future meets.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:53   #22
fse73549
The Best Car In The World

Rover 75 Connie se Tourer

What time did you get there as I was there at 8.20 and no one seemed to have turned up so went home. Where you hiding or just got there a bit later?
fse73549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 00:23   #23
stevo snr
Loves to post

Rover 75Mk2 Saloon Conn SE CDTi

I was a little late about 8:20, drove like hell, no Rovers and no one that I knew, sat on the seat for an hour outside near the door, no one turned up, THANKS A LOT NORTH WEST!!! after all it was my idea, for an evening meet once a month, even brought some pictures of the Germany trip.

Maybe you should all stick to talking **** on here with James, I'm going to stick with Yorkshire and Midlands.
Old 4th August 2011, 09:01   #24
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fse73549 View Post
What time did you get there as I was there at 8.20 and no one seemed to have turned up so went home. Where you hiding or just got there a bit later?
Arrived just before 8:00 and saw Steve (firefly) touring the car park. Parked in the car park near the side entrance just on the left as you turn right into the car park from Hall Lane, I'd been to the inaugural Sunday meet in January and that's the parking area Mike had organised with the pub manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo snr View Post
I was a little late about 8:20, drove like hell, no Rovers and no one that I knew, sat on the seat for an hour outside near the door, no one turned up, THANKS A LOT NORTH WEST!!! after all it was my idea, for an evening meet once a month, even brought some pictures of the Germany trip.

Maybe you should all stick to talking **** on here with James, I'm going to stick with Yorkshire and Midlands.
Don't think there's much point spitting your dummy out over it. Rather than sitting at the door it might have been an idea to have a walk round all the car parks to see if anybody had arrived prior to you. If you'd done that you'd have found a posiedon V8, a starlight silver CDT and a couple of gents in deep conversation.

Really sorry that we didn't all find each other and hope it's not going to put a dampner on future meets in the NW, I for one will be there 8:00pm 1st September 2011 and I know Steve will be as well.

Regards
Old 4th August 2011, 09:23   #25
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Just an update to my previous post this is where me and Steve were parked last night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hollow tree carpark.JPG (124.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 4th August 2011, 14:24   #26
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hi lads, again my apologies for not making it last night, good news is my mechanic has found the prob. I will put the details on the other thread.

Re the meeting, good job you posted that pic up Jimbo coz I didn't know about that car park either... do'hh

And I will be there at the next meet at 8pm on the first of September, so will Paul (Scouce) I think...

There is also a good chance the Robert (Frank insenced) will be there if he see's these threads, he has always supported us in the past.

Last edited by James.uk; 4th August 2011 at 14:27..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 18:48   #27
fse73549
The Best Car In The World

Rover 75 Connie se Tourer

That explains why I saw no one as you were hiding round the back. Lets hope we can get it better sorted next time.
fse73549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 19:23   #28
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I'm trying not to giggle here. Seems at last nights meeting, we had two members chatting in the rear carpark, one sat in the pub guarding the door, and another one wandering round the main car park --- all wonderind where the others were----------

At the next meet, I will draw an arrow pointing towards where my car is parked... If someone else gets there before me they can rub the arrow out so I know they have arrived.. Simplzzzs innit....

Last edited by James.uk; 4th August 2011 at 19:27..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 22:29   #29
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Smile Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
And I will be there at the next meet at 8pm on the first of September, so will Paul (Scouce) I think...

There is also a good chance the Robert (Frank insenced) will be there if he see's these threads
Hi Everyone.

Wanted to go to the Yorkshire meet but Mrs Incensed dragged me off to a hotel in the Lake District Did get to go over Wrynose and Hardknott Passes for the first time in 25 years though and saw the mighty Vulcan at the Windermere Air Festival, so it wasn't all bad!!
Missed seeing this threaduntil tonight. All being well though, I should be able to make 1st September, even if I'm a little late due to early evening commitments.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 07:57   #30
stevo snr
Loves to post

Rover 75Mk2 Saloon Conn SE CDTi

O.K. let's start again next month, after all it wouldn't have been so bad if we had known there was a hidden car park. [last week didn't happen]