Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2009, 02:15   #1
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default i smell petrol on full tank

title says it all really guys. when it went on the ramps for an exhaust i thought il poke my head around and see if i spot any leaks. I did on driverside (righthand drive my zt is) after the back wheel and before the rear passenger door on driverside underneath the car i have a leak from this big black box. i think its from the top and must me running down the side and sitting all over the righthand side of box and underside. any ideas what it is? how much damage to my pocket? i have included a picture not the best i know but i took it from my phone so sorry any help would be greatly apprecited thanks for your time guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0154.jpg (8.8 KB, 45 views)
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 06:30   #2
keir1163
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

Default rubber seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_uk2002 View Post
title says it all really guys. when it went on the ramps for an exhaust i thought il poke my head around and see if i spot any leaks. I did on driverside (righthand drive my zt is) after the back wheel and before the rear passenger door on driverside underneath the car i have a leak from this big black box. i think its from the top and must me running down the side and sitting all over the righthand side of box and underside. any ideas what it is? how much damage to my pocket? i have included a picture not the best i know but i took it from my phone so sorry any help would be greatly apprecited thanks for your time guys
i had a smell and leak on my tank when it was fullish, it was the rubber ring that sits under the tank inspection cap. Just need reseating properly
keir1163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 18:27   #3
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keir1163 View Post
i had a smell and leak on my tank when it was fullish, it was the rubber ring that sits under the tank inspection cap. Just need reseating properly
thanks for that info, any ideas if its a easy diy job or something i need a mechanic to do? any ideas of the steps involved please. thanks again
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 19:25   #4
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I can't see much in your tiny photo, but I suspect your tank seal is leaking. There are two seals around the pump (offside) and the filter module (nearside). If someone has been working on one of these, then they have not replaced the seal correctly. They can be fiddley and they have to be placed exactly right before tightening up the clamp ring around the port. There's a lot of info on this because it's associated with the fitting of the essential Orange Clip.

Read these for more: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=9068

and http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=9108

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote