Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th July 2015, 05:42   #11
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

The only one Jaguar that looks better than our 75 I think is XJ 1996...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1996_Jaguar_XJ12.jpg (78.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg (114.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by versus; 24th July 2015 at 05:45..
versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 06:57   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Like both, but li,e James UK says,I couldn't afford the running costs and repairs for the Jag. I will continue to run 75s until parts are no longer available.
Old 24th July 2015, 13:41   #13
entropy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur

I strongly agree with Mr versus.
Actually i like Jaguars too. i think they are arguably nice decent vintage cars but again aesthetically Rover 75 Elude any S or X type any day, Something Rover does better though is the integration of Its Chrome, Leather and Wood! starting from Leather upholstery if i recall well The 75 has well about 4 if not 5 different personal lines that come complete with styling that Jaguar can only dream of. i For example taking a closer look at Neptune Blue Personal line or Deep Sea Green etc.. the details into Design is just breath taking, where even things like carpet, steering wheel or even gear knob comes complete to match selected Personal Line Choice color etc... things Jaguars can only dream of!

2ndly The 75 Engine, Clock, IPK Dials Instruments are just divine, hands down. the 75 has one of the best interior best looking illumination especially night time.

3rdly Electronics, Rover 75 until now it amazes me when i realise how much bmw parts were used into this car production . so literally almost all electronics are BMW here you get a luxury and quality bmw electronics like Rear blind, Auto Dimming (in my case my 75 has a complete Entire BMW Premium Autodimming rear view mirror that was taken from X5 complete with Red LED indicator on bottom of it, Rain sensor i could actually easily retrofit Garage Remote learning too if i really wanted!)

I summary i might have biased because i am Royal to Rover by i think i have way many reasons why i would choose a 75 over any S or X Type.

Ofcourse we are excluding the new line of XF, XFR and XJ, etc... with these i would trade my Rover ofcourse,
The new line of XJ are Bada$$, hahaha
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 14:04   #14
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

I'm a massive fan of the later Jaguar product and I think the S Type R, offers performance at a price that's hard to beat!

However, as I remember going to the 1998 Motor Show at the NEC, I have to say that I don't think that the S Type has aged as well as the 75/ZT, which to my jaundiced eyes, is simply more "timeless"!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 16:09   #15
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I too have to agree with Versus in that the XJ models were "more Jaguar ish", but sadly the older models were prone to both rust and dodgy electics... And that includes the XJS innit...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 19:06   #16
Tackleberry
Loves to post

MG ZT + V6 177 XPG 03 plate

I know this sounds wrong at 33 years old, but if and this is a big IF I had to get rid of my ZT (and that just isn't going to happen!!) I'd go for a Jag S type.....
Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 19:15   #17
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
I know this sounds wrong at 33 years old, but if and this is a big IF I had to get rid of my ZT (and that just isn't going to happen!!) I'd go for a Jag S type.....
A Jaguar is for men 30 and up. I am 32 and would drive a Jaguar anyday. Lovely lovely cars. Seen a great black S Type at Tesco during the week. Very very tempting to go for one.
A Jaguar, just like a ZT is a mans car. Not a silly boy racer or boring persons car, it is propa gangsta lol.
itchyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 19:30   #18
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyfeet View Post
A Jaguar is for men 30 and up. I am 32 and would drive a Jaguar anyday. Lovely lovely cars. Seen a great black S Type at Tesco during the week. Very very tempting to go for one.
A Jaguar, just like a ZT is a mans car. Not a silly boy racer or boring persons car, it is propa gangsta lol.
Think again. A rover 75 with the sports suspension pack along with lots of after market mod's is a 'gangsta' car and a man's car
Old 24th July 2015, 20:29   #19
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Think again. A rover 75 with the sports suspension pack along with lots of after market mod's is a 'gangsta' car and a man's car

Yours in the photo is propa gangsta me old son.. propa biz that iz
itchyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 20:49   #20
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Not for me..

The last good looking Jaguar was the Coombs Mk2...anything after that is ugly and confuses bulky looks with style. The Rover has a style that Jaguar never matched. It's true that Rover failed and went under but, Jaguar has changed hands many times and still can't match Rover for class in design...
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote