Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th February 2024, 14:19   #11
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin 190 View Post
Hi, it could also be this?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/labyrinthitis/

I suffered from it a number of years ago but thankfully its has not reoccured after a couple of bouts. Good luck.
that does sound very much like what i' have been suffering from, and its very reassuring that others have had it, and made a complete recovery at the moment i'm into my second week of no problem balance wise,
I'm weighing up what to do about the car, the work needed is very small, and in both cases once done, won't need to be re -done and at some point i will need to think about getting a car, if i do sell the rover, i might decide to do the work, as and when i feel up to it, removing the seats is the hardest task, because last time, i couldn't get the bolts to budge, but now i do have my battery powered Torque gun
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2024, 15:44   #12
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

With your current situation Martin, and waiting for a while before driving, what about making the car SORN,think about the insurance, and in the meantime, delve into the Club to see if there is anybody not too far who might be able to assist?
Fred (planenut)

Last edited by planenut; 6th February 2024 at 16:43..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2024, 16:26   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I am sorry to read your post Martin.
Hopefully you will be fit again soon

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2024, 18:00   #14
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Your car

Shame Martin, so sorry to hear this, but you will get over it and then need your car. Rather do as others said and hang on, sorn if necessary, it owes you nothing and at least it's nice to look at till you better. In the meantime maybe you can find somewhere local to fix the problems.

I knew a couple who had a yacht they were sailing round the world, got to south America and the husband developed the same problem with vertigo, loss of balance etc. They sold the boat, went home and a year later he was fine again. Sure you will get over this.
Wishing you all the best,

Jennifer

Last edited by Raven Black; 6th February 2024 at 18:05..
Raven Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2024, 05:43   #15
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

I don't have off road parking, only street side, which means i will have to get it MOTed and keep it taxed, so my plan now is to do the work, as and when i feel ok, then get a new MOT, Ihave already done all the bits she failed on in the first place, and i am only waiting for some solder sleeves, the bracket, i have already made and drilled, its just a case of fitting and drilling the lower arm then rivetting it in place, how easy are the arms to drill? those two jobs done, i can put it in again, a friend will take it to the test centre, if its a local one,
Old 7th February 2024, 07:07   #16
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Wow, sudden improvement with that then, well done.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2024, 09:04   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Sounds like 'meniere's disease' something I have had for 30+ years.
In my case it is mild, though at the start it was quite worrying.
Laying under the car has caused an episode, as has bending down to pickup a dropped pencil .
I would agree with this, having worked with a guy that suffers from this, it can come on instantly and cause voining too!

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 7th February 2024, 19:24   #18
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

It will go off in time,so hang on to the car. These things are often triggered by a virus and not always due to a bacterial infection. Give it more time and work with your G.P and the chances are you will recover ok...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2024, 20:26   #19
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

When we went to the private Dr. One of the tests he gave her was:- stand still on the spot, close your eyes, and turn round on the spot. She did, and went giddy and ended up about three feet from where she started. The Dr had his arms out to catch her if she tripped over. That was in 2006. Luckily she does not have so many attacks now because of the tablets she puts under her top lip and let’s them just dissolve, not suck, if she feels ‘funny’. They are called ( Prochlorperazine Buccal Tablets 3 mg.)
Old 9th February 2024, 17:58   #20
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks again for all the good wishes, and i'm glad to report, ive been incident free so far this week, no giddyness, or anything, i am waiting for my GP to decide what they want to do, i saw her yesterday, and she gave me a good going over, to try to find out what she thinks, i mentioned Meningers but she said she wants to send me for more tests, before they decide, on what to do moving forward her advice ref driving was, if i'm still free of attacks after another 2 weeks, then she saw no reason why i should not drive, but not to do any long distance , keep local especially as even on public transport, im still doing ok, so hopefully, i will have a go at doing the SRS modifications tomorrow removing each seat, cutting the plugs and soldering up the wires, i'm using solder sleeves to join the wires, then shrink tubs to seal from damp etc,

Last edited by Martin Butler; 9th February 2024 at 18:01..