Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2020, 06:56   #311
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
From what I have heard from people who live in Oldham, there is a worry that they are heading for a full Leicester type lockdown.
Good soundbite
Old 14th August 2020, 07:04   #312
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
The best you can hope to achieve with a mask, is that the direction of airflow of air exhaled is diffused. When you talk, the air exhaled from your lungs will hit the face mask, and be re-directed and "filtered", and the velocity of exhaled air will decrease in a straight line out the mouth.
So you can hope for a reduction in droplets going out in a straight line, and not much more.

That is about it!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

A simple experiment will provide ample clarification. Get a smoker to exhale smoke through a mask. Even if you know of no smokers, I think you can visualize the result.
Expecting the smoke to be contained is not the right answer.

As with so many other things, the Marxists have taken the wearing of masks as a visual clue to your submission. It has become a Star of David, that shows the rulers who are meek and who are not. Science plays no role in it, the rulers want compliance! And even better, policing by the useful idiots. So the do gooders can start bashing people up.
Worked in the original Cultural Revolution, will also work here.
That is why it is mandatory to wear face masks in ZOOM/Skype meetings:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-zoom-meetings.

If anybody is left, with any brains remaining, this must surely be classified as "Stupid" but a very good indicator of what we are dealing with!

Face it, (pun intended) this is our own version of the cultural revolution. People should go and read a bit about it. It will give you a good road map of what lies ahead. We are ruled by dyed in the wool Marxists, aptly supported by useful idiots in the most unexpected places.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/previ...0789775942.mp4

Make no mistake. They are after you in every imaginary way. They will try and control you and everything you do! And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING! They have only just got started. Don't expect anything to make sense anymore. The only goals are power and control.

As a Swiss saying goes, "your neighbour is the best policeman."

The world has gone mad.
No doubt about it.
The best indicator of a masks efficacy or lack of, is the steaming up of your glasses.

I visited a supermarket yesterday, the first time since the mandatory wearing of a face covering, and the amount of people who now believe themselves to be invincible and virusproof is amazing.

The sad thing is, far from slowing the spread of coronavirus, this is much more likely to exacerbate the problem.
Old 14th August 2020, 07:45   #313
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
The best you can hope to achieve with a mask, is that the direction of airflow of air exhaled is diffused. When you talk, the air exhaled from your lungs will hit the face mask, and be re-directed and "filtered", and the velocity of exhaled air will decrease in a straight line out the mouth.
So you can hope for a reduction in droplets going out in a straight line, and not much more.

That is about it!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

A simple experiment will provide ample clarification. Get a smoker to exhale smoke through a mask. Even if you know of no smokers, I think you can visualize the result.
Expecting the smoke to be contained is not the right answer.

As with so many other things, the Marxists have taken the wearing of masks as a visual clue to your submission. It has become a Star of David, that shows the rulers who are meek and who are not. Science plays no role in it, the rulers want compliance! And even better, policing by the useful idiots. So the do gooders can start bashing people up.
Worked in the original Cultural Revolution, will also work here.
That is why it is mandatory to wear face masks in ZOOM/Skype meetings:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-zoom-meetings.

If anybody is left, with any brains remaining, this must surely be classified as "Stupid" but a very good indicator of what we are dealing with!

Face it, (pun intended) this is our own version of the cultural revolution. People should go and read a bit about it. It will give you a good road map of what lies ahead. We are ruled by dyed in the wool Marxists, aptly supported by useful idiots in the most unexpected places.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/previ...0789775942.mp4

Make no mistake. They are after you in every imaginary way. They will try and control you and everything you do! And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING! They have only just got started. Don't expect anything to make sense anymore. The only goals are power and control.

As a Swiss saying goes, "your neighbour is the best policeman."

The world has gone mad.
No doubt about it.
Patently obvious the world has gone mad.

Anyway see France has been added to the quarantine list:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

The 14-day isolation requirement begins at 04:00 BST and also applies to people arriving from the Netherlands, Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba.

Oh dear but no surprise.

Last edited by Borg Warner; 14th August 2020 at 07:54..
Old 14th August 2020, 08:36   #314
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

If masks don't work how come my dentist wears one when I see him? If masks don't work how come when I have stitches removed following surgery the nurse wears one? If masks don't work how come the theatre staff wear them when I go in for surgery?

Asking for a friend.
Old 14th August 2020, 09:14   #315
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

The wearing of masks is a precaution to reduce the spread of infection - one always has the opportunity to put a plastic bag over one's head. This may reduce any adverse comments in the future on the attempts by those the Nation put there to make decisions, trying do their best. As I've said before, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Old 14th August 2020, 09:25   #316
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

It just shows that you would expect not to be spat directly in the face, if you introduce a barrier of sorts between the spitter and the spittee(?)

The air exhaled still needs to get out, it is just diverted up and down and along the chin, whatever does not go through the mask.

To expect the air exhaled to contain no virus is like believing in the tooth fairy.

Serves a function up to about the mental age of five!
Old 14th August 2020, 13:34   #317
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
If masks don't work how come my dentist wears one when I see him? If masks don't work how come when I have stitches removed following surgery the nurse wears one? If masks don't work how come the theatre staff wear them when I go in for surgery?

Asking for a friend.
Well Gary. Ask your friend how he/she knew the masks were doing some sort of job. ( touch of the placebo here I think. )

In normal circumstances and with other kinds of infection the masks could be quite a help. However these microscopic Corona viruses are tricky little beasties because of their size relative to the mesh of a face mask.

Bit like throwing a tennis ball into the grand canyon in America and expecting it to something other than air that's going to stop it.

We are all walking about like a gang of western bandits with these masks on and doing virtually no good at all cos they will stop just about nowt.

As said in a previous post, now that folks have to wear a mask they think they are immune to any form of attack by this nasty little virus.

Some hope.

Walking about with a damp cloth around your face-----( A previous post. ) If it worked well enough to stop a virus it also might work just as well to stop your breath. Especially in winter with below freezing temperatures.---
Old 14th August 2020, 13:45   #318
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Out of interest. What are people's views on those who go around coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth and nose with a hanky, sleeve or hand?

Personally I always cover my mouth if I sneeze or cough on the understanding that it helps prevent me spreading my germs. I was taught that by my parents and I've imparted it to my waens also. Am I wrong to have brought them up this way, should I teach granddaughter just to sneeze and cough without covering her mouth and nose?
Old 14th August 2020, 14:09   #319
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Out of interest. What are people's views on those who go around coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth and nose with a hanky, sleeve or hand?

Personally I always cover my mouth if I sneeze or cough on the understanding that it helps prevent me spreading my germs. I was taught that by my parents and I've imparted it to my waens also. Am I wrong to have brought them up this way, should I teach granddaughter just to sneeze and cough without covering her mouth and nose?

Very, very bad manners. Totally unacceptable behaviour.

Old 14th August 2020, 14:11   #320
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post

Very, very bad manners. Totally unacceptable behaviour.

Thanks for the reply, cover's all bases lol
Closed Thread