Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th July 2016, 19:51   #11
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Not working then still. Could be OSF abs sensor. Is your ABS system working and the light not been tampered with. Or the switches are fiddly and it may still not be seated right.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:55   #12
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

The switch dont look right to me, looks like there is something missing, maybe its me...
RugbyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:58   #13
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Ok try this...
Take the car for a spin get Upto about 40mph push the master switch, green light comes on then pull on the RES button on the steering wheel controls and the light should illuminate on the ipk

Hope that helps mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 20:49   #14
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Took car for a spin...... got up to 50 mph, pushed master switch which illuminated green, pressed RES..... nothing......
Old 19th July 2016, 22:32   #15
Ascen
Regular poster

MG ZT

Try lifting the clutch pedal before pressing res/set on the steering wheel. If it's anything like mine, which I realised today, then after releasing the clutch pedal then it doesn't raise fully by itself. Close, but not quite, and needs a little assistance.

So now I need to fix this little issue on mine.
Ascen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 08:03   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Think light will only come on dash when cc engaged. Need to be moving at least 25 - 30 mph

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
You can enable the cruise to be used/ turn the green light on at anytime when the engine is running - best to call that a 'master switch'.

The 'SET' button stores your current speed which it will then try to maintain. On my manual diesel it will store and maintain any speed above a true 22mph. When cruise is in operation/ engaged, the yellow symbol in the IPK should be lit.

The 'RESET' button allows cruise to be turned off, or resumed when off, if a speed has recently been stored.

You can still use the throttle when cruise is engaged, then as your speed declines the cruise will take over again. If you exceed the set cruise speed by a certain margin, it will disengage. If your speed falls several mph below the set cruise speed, or the brake, or clutch is operated - it will also disengage.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 08:14   #17
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cruise Control Not Working

The point is..... the master switch works, but nothing else...... the switches on the pedals are pressed in fully, although the clutch one seems to be a little loose..... All fuses checked and are ok..... baffling Brake lights work, so can't be that switch.......
Old 20th July 2016, 08:29   #18
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Time to plug in to t4 then...
Old 20th July 2016, 08:33   #19
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Was checked on the T4 at the Nano meet last Saturday.... They put it down to the Clutch Plug not in all the way....... Oh well have to do without it I suppose. Perhaps I will have another look later, maybe I thought I pushed in enough, but maybe i didn't...... who knows.......

Last edited by RugbyRover; 20th July 2016 at 08:40..
Old 20th July 2016, 10:45   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRover View Post
Was checked on the T4 at the Nano meet last Saturday.... They put it down to the Clutch Plug not in all the way....... Oh well have to do without it I suppose. Perhaps I will have another look later, maybe I thought I pushed in enough, but maybe i didn't...... who knows.......
The switch positioning is quite critical to its operation - not much margin for error. There has been the odd occasion when mine failed to engage, usually solved by lifting the clutch pedal with my toe. When it has been more problematical, reseating the switch takes just a minute or two.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote