Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th February 2011, 19:10   #1
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Default just for a change.

hi all just been reading some of the posts in the tech section ,so thought i would post something a bit diffrent .... i have an 1800 turbo ,i have had it for nigh on 2 years,when i
first got it i had alot of trouble with the cooling system ,it was supposed to of had the head gasket replaced 1 month before i bought it along with a full service.needless to say none was done ,i had the gasket done free of charge for me by the guys i am training with ,when looking at the gasket it looked alot older than 13 months,my guys said it looks like who ever did it didnt change it for the uprated one . anyway i just wanted to say since i have sorted the car and got it running to how it should i find the drive of the 75 is like no other car i have driven .my car is a wonderful example of the rover 75 in both looks and how it runs .. i have not had any trouble with the car really only the repeated silliness with the cooling system anhose` bursting .. since it has been done some 20 months ago i have not had to add a single drop of coolant to the car ,so it goes to show if your on top of things then you will not have major problems . as i said it thought it would be nice for members to read that these cars can be problem free.i hope to still have my car in 9 years time ..i see no reason why i wont

Last edited by chrissyboy; 28th February 2011 at 19:21..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 19:41   #2
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

many thanks for your update chrissyboy and i'm glad your still enjoying your car.

as previously discussed in depth,this engine variant is not for the faint hearted,with regular checks on the cooling system,which carries a low charge of coolant cannot afford any leaks.

if owners are vigilant and check this cooling system on a regular basis it will prevent the dreaded HGF

i hope you will continue to enjoy your car in the future..
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 19:52   #3
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

nice one Chris, it was your input amongst others that made me decide on my 1800T, so im glad your still enjoying owning and driving your Rover 75....
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 20:01   #4
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Hi Chrissyboy, I have a similar model, and the head gasket was changed by the previous owner approx 4 years ago. Since looking through these posts I have come to realise how important regular checks are.

I have had the car only 2 weeks but it has already become my best yet. These cars become real bargains after a few years!

I have already discovered a few idiocyncrasies.....

I'm also looking forward to many years ownership, with any luck..
greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 20:18   #5
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendriver View Post
Hi Chrissyboy, I have a similar model, and the head gasket was changed by the previous owner approx 4 years ago. Since looking through these posts I have come to realise how important regular checks are.

I have had the car only 2 weeks but it has already become my best yet. These cars become real bargains after a few years!

I have already discovered a few idiocyncrasies.....

I'm also looking forward to many years ownership, with any luck..

hi green driver . as you hae already found out for yourself .the head gasket was changed 4 years ago and is still working well..i would say that is purely down to the care the previous owner put in to the car .. i check my level every 2nd day now ,i used to check the coolant level every day ,i also check it if im having to alot of running around ,so i may end up checking it more often .. but i have found that if you look after the car the car looks after you ...just keep up the care of the your car and it shouldnt give you any problems ,,, there is no reaon why these engines can not go on to clock up 100`s of 1000`s of miles ... one thing though when was your belt changed ,mine was changed i month before i got the car but when i had my first over heat nd needed a new water pump i have a new belt put in as they had to take the blt off i thought i may as well change it so i know exactly when it was done and so know now when it will need changing .. so no nasty shocks awaiting me there ...enjoy your car remember all the stuff said about the 1800`s ................well i feel soon that they will be sort after in a year or so
Old 28th February 2011, 20:34   #6
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

I don't believe the c belt has been changed at all yet in my 75. The car is a 2003 model with 32500 miles approx, so on the age basis it needs to be done. I need to find a reliable garage in my area who will do it properly, and the service as well, and not charge through 10 noses....

There seems to be a number of other tips on here, eg mondeo engine mounts to I will need to compile a collection of these.

saving like crazy for the work
greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote