Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2020, 19:24   #41
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Nano March Meet Cancelled Official

I have spoken to Rob (trebor) and it is with great regret that after many of your replies on Covid 19 sub forum on the Nano site, with your opinions taken into account on whether we feel it is safe to proceed in an open field seems to be mixed.

One thing for sure is with so many people who won’t be coming, including several crew members the meet would depleted and we won’t have a T4 present and we must also consider those who travel and it is only fair to give them an early decision.

So with great regret the March Nano Meet is now cancelled and we hope we can go ahead with the next one in May and see you all there, thank you for your support in this decision all the best from all the crew of the Nano meets.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 15th March 2020 at 19:49..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 20:37   #42
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I have spoken to Rob (trebor) and it is with great regret that after many of your replies on Covid 19 sub forum on the Nano site, with your opinions taken into account on whether we feel it is safe to proceed in an open field seems to be mixed.

One thing for sure is with so many people who won’t be coming, including several crew members the meet would depleted and we won’t have a T4 present and we must also consider those who travel and it is only fair to give them an early decision.

So with great regret the March Nano Meet is now cancelled and we hope we can go ahead with the next one in May and see you all there, thank you for your support in this decision all the best from all the crew of the Nano meets.

Probably the right decision in the circumstances, no point tempting fate when there's no need.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 21:35   #43
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.
Old 16th March 2020, 09:27   #44
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

With the advice being given out by government, it is better to be sensible than to be insensible and regret it. We are very lucky people here. We have this forum to still be in contact with each other.
Old 18th March 2020, 10:50   #45
NewGuyPete
Loves to post

MG-ZT 260 V8

HI Guys,
Mutual understanding from everyone, Stay safe, hopefully it won,t last too long.
NewGuyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2020, 12:49   #46
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Correct decision Steve, especially with so many of us falling into the maximum risk category.

May I wish everyone a healthy next few months as after all thats what really counts.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 00:15   #47
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

With the potential for children going back to school end of May and the rest of us getting some freedom, is it too soon to imagine May meeting taking place?

Just a thought, no meeting takes place in August due to holidays being taken by many people. Assuming holidays will be cancelled or postponed by a significant number, could August be added to the list? Perhaps as a one off?
Old 16th April 2020, 06:53   #48
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
With the potential for children going back to school end of May and the rest of us getting some freedom, is it too soon to imagine May meeting taking place?

Just a thought, no meeting takes place in August due to holidays being taken by many people. Assuming holidays will be cancelled or postponed by a significant number, could August be added to the list? Perhaps as a one off?
Good suggestion Victor, I think it's a great idea. I personally don't go away in August/school holidays anyway. Even if it's just a few of us for a day, it would also help the pub, hopefully it'll be open, in some small way. Be great for us all to catch up.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 07:51   #49
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Vic.
We can most certainly look at it but I doubt very much the May one will go ahead, as it would be middle of June before they look at pubs opening in should think.

We have already mentioned on the Nano forum that August could possibly be added to this years meets, again we are far from there yet.

Also we can only have the meets if the pub is open and up and running which I doubt very much will happen in May to be honest.

keep safe out there do not let your guard drop so you can be knocked out by surprise.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 19:14   #50
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I agree with Steve we will be back as soon as we possibly can and fitting in an extra meet in August is a great idea, we are all champing at the bit to get going again but if you are in lockdown and have jobs to do on your 75 and have the knowledge to do it , then it’s a good time to get them done

I have a door lock to change on mine and a new aircon condenser which will be done over next few days, doesn’t even matter if the bumper stays off as car is going nowhere as I am lucky enough to be able to work from home.

We always get a good turnout at our meets and 50 cars over a weekend is normal be interesting to see if that rises further once we can all escape from our lockdown

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote