Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2020, 06:43   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default world tour to end

Our son and his girlfriend had taken a year out to tour part of the world. They have been mainly in Australia since October but have visited New Zealand. They were due to fly to Bali in April but that is out of the question.
Unable to work now in Australia and having to pay rent it looks like their world tour is about to end and they return home.

If it were not for the money I think I would have told them to stay in Australia but then would travel insurance be void as government advice s to return home.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 07:12   #2
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Our son and his girlfriend had taken a year out to tour part of the world. They have been mainly in Australia since October but have visited New Zealand. They were due to fly to Bali in April but that is out of the question.
Unable to work now in Australia and having to pay rent it looks like their world tour is about to end and they return home.

If it were not for the money I think I would have told them to stay in Australia but then would travel insurance be void as government advice s to return home.

macafee2
Hi, Mr Raabs advice is to come home, I’m stuck in NZ been trying to do just that for a number of days. I’ve just emailed him asking how to do it. I’ve contacted my travel insurance and they have said they will extend our medical cover until we are able to return. There are thousand of UK nationals stuck here in NZ. Australia will have many more.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 08:47   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

wife has spoken to holiday insurance, they will be covered if they don't come home but would like them to try to get home. they can extend their travel insurance until October 2021.

I'm going to try and contact the Australian embassy to ask about 2nd visa if they don't do farm work this time and come home. Current policy, no farm work first visit, no working visa for a second visit only a holiday visa I think.

macafee2
Old 24th March 2020, 08:58   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
wife has spoken to holiday insurance, they will be covered if they don't come home but would like them to try to get home. they can extend their travel insurance until October 2021.

I'm going to try and contact the Australian embassy to ask about 2nd visa if they don't do farm work this time and come home. Current policy, no farm work first visit, no working visa for a second visit only a holiday visa I think.

macafee2
Good luck with that, and good luck to them; likewise, I wish the same to anybody who is seemingly stuck in an awkward position, and with hope that the FCO do their bit.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 13:50   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Good luck with that, and good luck to them; likewise, I wish the same to anybody who is seemingly stuck in an awkward position, and with hope that the FCO do their bit.
Alas the embassy or rather the High commission is in Australia, London does not deal with visa queries so have emailed details to my son for him to deal.

macafee2