Notices

Old 24th March 2020, 13:18   #11
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
refitting the sub frame washers ....
Have you had the front subframe off the car?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 14:07   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Have you had the front subframe off the car?
not this car but my other car I have. As I need to change the bushes for the arms I may remove the sub frame as I don't think I'll manage to replace them as marinabrian says, by just lowering it a bit. I'm not good in confined spaces but I will try his way first

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 14:44   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
This little should keep me going for a while, although I might need some more CORONA shelves
Still working at the moment but with the introduction of the emergency timetable there with be no overtime or rest days to work.
Choices are jobs on wifes car
....jobs on my car
....clean garage up
....make models
.....get round to doing something with my bike .

Stan
Thank you for sharing the photos of the aircraft models and the shelves.

Making models takes precision, a steady hand and a lot of patience?

My Father-In-Law took up model making after he had a stroke which left him paralysed on his left side and no speech. The model making and painting oils he took up, were post stroke hobbies which kept him going for 13 years.

One of my hobbies is making home movies. Today, I put this video together (in the link) this afternoon. It doesn't look much, but it is time consuming and something I find restful https://youtu.be/fzLtPSqCQTo
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 14:58   #14
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

Painted the fence last year, weather permitting I,ok paint a mural on the concrete monstrosity the council put round the oil tank 😀. .... Made a few more bits of Harry Potter items, I've got a few more bits to make for friends. There's looking after the wife who is on 12week shielding☹️ 3 kids to feed and keep entertained , dog to walk and then there is stuff to do on my car 😀 I might even get the tattoo kit out, think I've got plenty to keep me busy for a while 😀....... Stay safe.......
IMG_20200324_153725.jpgIMG_20200324_153804.jpgIMG_20200324_153853.jpgIMG_20200324_153901.jpgIMG_20200324_154257.jpgIMG_20200324_154326.jpgIMG_20200324_154335.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 16:01   #15
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I've lined up a load of jobs around the house, sent my wife out to get paint and decorating things to keep me busy, and ordered a load of wood etc from Wickes to do some bits in the kids bedrooms (just moved house). But work doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down at the moment. A couple of plants are only doing 6-2 and 2-10, as not enough workers to run a nightshift, but my plant is as busy as ever, still offering 12 hour shifts and weekend working!

My Dads work has closed down, so he's spent the day cleaning the car and his bikes, don't what he'll do for the rest of the time.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 16:11   #16
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
not this car but my other car I have.
How bad a job is it? I want to get mine off to rustproof it - I'm not looking forward to it.

Quote:
As I need to change the bushes for the arms I may remove the sub frame as I don't think I'll manage to replace them as marinabrian says, by just lowering it a bit. I'm not good in confined spaces but I will try his way first

macafee2
I wouldn't like to try it on the car - there's so much stuff in the way. Rave shows it being done off the car using special tool 64-015 (and others).

Edit: On the other hand, you wouldn't have to undo those ****** inner arm bolts.

Last edited by Blink; 24th March 2020 at 16:15..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 17:15   #17
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you for sharing the photos of the aircraft models and the shelves.

Making models takes precision, a steady hand and a lot of patience?

My Father-In-Law took up model making after he had a stroke which left him paralysed on his left side and no speech. The model making and painting oils he took up, were post stroke hobbies which kept him going for 13 years.

One of my hobbies is making home movies. Today, I put this video together (in the link) this afternoon. It doesn't look much, but it is time consuming and something I find restful https://youtu.be/fzLtPSqCQTo
Your welcome , I used to make a lot when I was a teenager and in the air cadets , but seemed to stop when other things came along , pub , women , work and ice hockey .

Had my heart attack and being off work for several months needed something to do , as I didn't have a lot of confidence in working on cars , and luckily we have a spare room and managed to convince the boss to turn it into a hobby room

Stan
Old 24th March 2020, 18:34   #18
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

3d printer dusted off ...and

its the " masked Vulnerable"

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:22   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
How bad a job is it? I want to get mine off to rustproof it - I'm not looking forward to it.

I wouldn't like to try it on the car - there's so much stuff in the way. Rave shows it being done off the car using special tool 64-015 (and others).

Edit: On the other hand, you wouldn't have to undo those ****** inner arm bolts.
I don't think it is that bad but it is heavy. A tip I got from marinabrian to help put it back on but can be used to remove it.

you will need the front on axle stands as you remove front wheels. personally I'd also have the back on ramps so car is level

Get some lengths 2ft? depending how much clearance you give yourself under the car 12?mm stud, 4 nuts and 4 thick washers. As you remove the main 4 bolts one at a time replace with stud, washer and nut.

Once all 4 replaced you can undo the nuts and lower the sub frame slowly. Leave studs in place and once you have slid the subframe over studs, do up the nuts to put sub frame back. You can probably do it with 3 studs

you need to undo and tie up the steering rack, a few other odds and sods. I labelled each one so I did not forget to replace. The bolts holding the lower arms to the hubs may be a cow to remove and be careful removing the nuts from the exhaust. Lots of "plus gas" and then another day 3 or more minutes per stud with a blow torch before undoing exhaust nuts.
If you snap an exhaust stud, swear but don't panic, pm me

I think when I removed the sub frame I lowered and dragged it out on one or two trolley jacks.

Are you in the Anglo-Saxon Mercia cos that's a big area

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 24th March 2020 at 21:27..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 07:54   #20
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I'm

Decorating and playing with cars depending on the weather, I'm doing the hall, stairs and landing. I did the front room last year before the eye surgery and the hall is getting the same treatment. I've developed a method of decorating I've never used before for perfectly straight walls.

I've used 1700 grade lining paper double layered, I don't want to see the joins but filling the gaps lifts the edges in many places so what stops it? I bought some solvent based white undercoat, the kind you'd use on the doors etc. I then thinned it with turps to the consistency of milk, I then opened all the doors and windows and used a roller to paint the lining paper all over. The solvent seals the paper and allows the joins to be filled without any edges lifting, sand down the filler and paint those areas again with the undercoat (it stinks) and then after a few days you can flat the undercoat with some 180 grade aluminium oxide paper. The reason for all of this fuss is I've got to paint the walls with a paint called `Hampton` from B+Q, it has mica particles in it and nothing less than perfect walls can carry the effects of the sparkles in it.

This was my living room before and after, I like doing these kind of things but not very often and no, I'm not doing anyone else's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DQI0oU5XcAEsTFK.jpg (112.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DRezxIXX0AEQXG4.jpg (99.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20181025_122408.jpg (107.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_130656.jpg (128.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20181225_100713.jpg (125.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Saga Lout; 25th March 2020 at 08:00..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote