Notices

Old 4th April 2020, 21:34   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
if you had got 100% of order would you be more of a fan?
We go shopping on holiday and I sometimes go for a few bits at home but
hate queuing to pay. If I go when at home I will normally buy a hot cooked chicken and a French stick or bloomer and a few items for a recipe to try

macafee2
No, not really.. I find the process of going into a shop and interacting with people quite satisfying, the whole act of getting stuff delivered is quite, well.. neutral really?!?
Old 4th April 2020, 21:40   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
We had 3 substitutions so did ok. We also have a catering company about 12 miles away that delivers to schools, as that market has closed they are open to the public. Place your order online and they tell you when to turn up. You stay in the car and they bring your order out and put it straight into the boot. Seems to be working well.
We've had that sort of service for a long time now in France.

Leclerc, they come out and load your car.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 06:41   #13
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
We've had that sort of service for a long time now in France.

Leclerc, they come out and load your car.----
It seemed very efficient, they are talking of continuing the service hopefully when everything goes back to normal so Mrs sworks is going to continue using them.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 08:47   #14
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Received our first ever home delivery of food on Friday, ordered about 3 weeks ago, probably 30% of what we ordered wasn't available, at least the biscuits arrived safely Cant say I'm a fan of home delivery shopping, although I can see those who may benefit from it.
I'm with you Andy, I normally hate online shopping. I've only ever done it once before when I had my op and couldn't go out for 6 weeks. I like to pick my own stuff and not get an order that is half substitutes I wouldn't by, or no item at all.

Shopping at the moment though, with all the queueing and rules and people ignoring them and barging into you to get what they want - well I tried it and found it a bit stressful. Aldi were great and I got most of what I needed, but when the people around you are wearing masks and the other half are coughing perilously close to you, it's all too freaky!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 09:27   #15
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

My aged Aunt is in a retired residential building and isolating for her own safety. The local small Co-op has given her block a contact number and she rings, gives them a list, and they drop it off, a fantastic service.

She is really impressed with them, and considering asking them to continue the service afterwards, even if she pays for it.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 14:43   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
My aged Aunt is in a retired residential building and isolating for her own safety. The local small Co-op has given her block a contact number and she rings, gives them a list, and they drop it off, a fantastic service.

She is really impressed with them, and considering asking them to continue the service afterwards, even if she pays for it.
This is the sort of story that should be passed to their head office in way of praise. It is really heartening that in troubled times those that are able, step up and help those less able.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 16:44   #17
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
This is the sort of story that should be passed to their head office in way of praise. It is really heartening that in troubled times those that are able, step up and help those less able.

macafee2
She's ahead of us on that and done it already.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 21:09   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I'm with you Andy, I normally hate online shopping. I've only ever done it once before when I had my op and couldn't go out for 6 weeks. I like to pick my own stuff and not get an order that is half substitutes I wouldn't by, or no item at all.

Shopping at the moment though, with all the queueing and rules and people ignoring them and barging into you to get what they want - well I tried it and found it a bit stressful. Aldi were great and I got most of what I needed, but when the people around you are wearing masks and the other half are coughing perilously close to you, it's all too freaky!
With Leclerc here in France you order from their catalogue so you get exactly what you want and not any other substitute.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2020, 00:07   #19
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

I’m a delivery driver for a supermarket and we’re just so busy at the moment. The orders coming through are crazy. We’ve now prioritised deliveries for the elderly and vulnerable and it appears to be working well. However, the general public are struggling now to get slots at all. Our store is now also running a click and collect service which is also very popular. I find it’s mostly the younger ones that are using the service since they can’t get online delivery slots. If you are elderly and vulnerable, you should be able to get a slot fairly easily.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2020, 11:41   #20
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Iceland seem pretty reliable at the moment. Just ordered some shopping and it's coming tomorrow.

It may be different though if you're not classed as a risk or elderly.