Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th March 2020, 16:31   #11
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

So its off with the door card and get stuck in! Cheers
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 17:04   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Buy some clips (both types) as you will need them and some elastoplast!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 31st March 2020, 10:42   #13
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Thanks for the tip regarding clips any chance of part numbers or ID?Thanks Derek
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 31st March 2020, 11:21   #14
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Thanks for the tip regarding clips any chance of part numbers or ID?Thanks Derek
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-CLIPS...MAAOSwi7ReQ8Yy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-ROVER...AAAOSwsaZa3dc7

For the cheapies (worked fine for me)

Or:-
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001902

Items 3 and 4
The "fir tree" clips are for the top right hand on drivers side, top left on passenger side and usually break coming out but are strong enough to resist popping when the door is slammed. Easy to cut from the side with a sharp wood chisel if stubborn.

Last edited by roverbarmy; 31st March 2020 at 18:03..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 11:54   #15
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Thank you very much.I've said this before but its worth saying again, it never fails to amaze me how willing the forum members are in sharing both knowledge and links!!!

Take care in the next 6 months or so Regards Derek
Old 4th April 2020, 13:51   #16
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Door will tNOT unlock!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Steve Thanks for your links I had the door card off in about 15mins with the loss of one clip (but have spares so no problem),as the link says be brave, it was so simple....HOWEVER BIG SNAG!"
With the door card removed the first thing I could recover was the missing plunger rod, just lying loose in the bottom of the door.
I left the scene for a while to reread the door mechanism fit etc and closed the door and locked the car, I checked that I was able to open the defective door without unlocking the remainder and the alarm sounded so I closed the door again(rear left)and went for a cuppa and a read.
When I came back and unlocked the car ,the defective door would NOT unlock???I could hear the actuator rattling around inside, but the door remains stubbornly locked
So I'm now in the situation with all the necessary parts removed, spares waiting to be fitted,but how do I open the door
Old 4th April 2020, 13:54   #17
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-CLIPS...MAAOSwi7ReQ8Yy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-ROVER...AAAOSwsaZa3dc7

For the cheapies (worked fine for me)

Or:-
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001902

Items 3 and 4
The "fir tree" clips are for the top right hand on drivers side, top left on passenger side and usually break coming out but are strong enough to resist popping when the door is slammed. Easy to cut from the side with a sharp wood chisel if stubborn.
I lost one clip, but as you can see from post I had spares, however as I've taken up with Steve, Im in the situation now where the defective door will NOT unlock, all ideas greatly appreciated!
Old 4th April 2020, 21:03   #18
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Hi Steve Thanks for your links I had the door card off in about 15mins with the loss of one clip (but have spares so no problem),as the link says be brave, it was so simple....HOWEVER BIG SNAG!"
With the door card removed the first thing I could recover was the missing plunger rod, just lying loose in the bottom of the door.
I left the scene for a while to reread the door mechanism fit etc and closed the door and locked the car,
Quote:
I checked that I was able to open the defective door without unlocking the remainder and the alarm sounded so I closed the door again(rear left)and went for a cuppa and a read.
When I came back and unlocked the car ,the defective door would NOT unlock???I could hear the actuator rattling around inside, but the door remains stubbornly locked
So I'm now in the situation with all the necessary parts removed, spares waiting to be fitted,but how do I open the door
I Derek.
Open the doors as per usual with fob, climb into the car reach inside the door as you say you have the door card off pic below.

Once you have your hand inside push or Pull on the lever with the three yellow dots see if the door opens

Is the internal door handle still attached ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 10:43   #19
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Thanks again Steve, I will go out shortly and attempt to operate said lever. No, interior handle removed along with door card, does that make a difference?
Old 5th April 2020, 11:48   #20
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I Derek.
Open the doors as per usual with fob, climb into the car reach inside the door as you say you have the door card off pic below.

Once you have your hand inside push or Pull on the lever with the three yellow dots see if the door opens

Is the internal door handle still attached ?
HI Steve DOOR is OPEN! followed your instructions and whilst operating lever gave the interior handle cable a firm yank and bingo the door lock cracked and space was available!!! Thanks again