Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th April 2023, 14:27   #161
Brocky61

Rover 75 Saloon

Just had all my belts changed on my 2.0 v6 (who knew there were 4 in total) all on my drive in 4 hours. Complete with new water pump and new idler wheels all for £620. Seems like a bargain to me, albeit a significant percentage of the value of the car (but I guess we all have to live with that these days, hopefully the depreciation curve will turn the other way soon).

I watched him do it and I'm glad I never attempted it myself as it was way beyond my capabilities (and tooling). He really struggled with the two small belts on the right hand side (as you look at the engine) that needed a lot of strength to put on. Particularly impressive as he had just put his back out a day or two ago.

Anyway, the reason for saying all this is to recomend Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions (07515 539894), should anyone else need their belts changing (or any other major job) any time soon
Brocky61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2023, 15:33   #162
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocky61 View Post
Anyway, the reason for saying all this is to recomend Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions (07515 539894), should anyone else need their belts changing (or any other major job) any time soon
As soon as you mentioned his back, I knew you were going to say it was Russel . A brilliant mechanic who really knows his stuff - he rebuilt my 2.0 V6 for me to cure a nasty bout of piston slap a while ago. Did a great job, and didn't charge the earth .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2023, 00:08   #163
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

"It ran well, until it didn't".

With non-interference engines it doesn't hurt to leave the belts on a little long.
With interference engines like ours, not so much.
Old 18th April 2023, 12:15   #164
IGH
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default |Cam Belt Change For V6

Russell did mine as well. There were a lot of bits in front of the car by the time he'd stripped it down and nothing left over when he was done!!!!
He also kindly set up the T4 to let me have a look at what it can do.
Really nice chap.
IGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2023, 06:27   #165
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

On the subject of belts Ive had two lots snap on me over the years one was an RS Turbo cost me 3 valves luckily and the other was a ZT 190 where the belt was rubbing on the block and eventually sheared etc.
For my peace of mind Im always aware and worried about when they are due naturally plus having spent many an hour at the side of the road in the winter waiting for the AA etc Its not very nice!!
Its a gamble that we all can take or play it safe. Im the play it safe but if its £650 on a car only worth marginally more than that I can understand people reluctance to shell their hard earned out. I believe starting the car has the greatest wear on belts etc so if one has done mainly motorway runs a few months or several thousand miles over the recommended interval would be a safer bet.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote