Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th July 2021, 14:10   #1
GutsyDogWagon

Default Brake Fluid leak woes

Hello guys, just to give a little background of my trouble so far.

Recently I took my mother to the supermarket in the ZTT just to give it a run as it sits in the garage most of the week. Unfortunately after a little bit of squeaking and a funky smell in the air I discovered my OSF wheel being uncomfortably hot and smoking... ahh great my front caliper was binding. Went in did our shop to let it cool down and nursed it home gingerly trying to use the brakes as little as possible.

Fast forward a week and I've bought a pair of new front calipers, some DOT4 and a gunson eezibleed. Ok, all fitted and bled easily enough.Took it out for a test drive all feels well. Then when I park it back up I notice a pool of brake fluid on the rear NS wheel... ok so I checked and it looked like its leaking from the brake hose, so I cleaned and tightened the fitting and bled that caliper too just to be extra thorough. Great everything seems fine no more leak... Then as I go to pack up i see ANOTHER pool of brake fluid down by the OSF wheel. Go have a look, and it's not coming from the caliper I've changed so I'm puzzled. It seems to be leaking from the drivers side front area but not from the actual caliper or the brake hose as I suspected. Only thing I can think of is the pressure from the eezibleed has found some weakness in the system? Where do I go from here? the brake fluid is dripping steadily and I've chucked a rag under the car to soak it up for now. Hard to describe but looking underneath; it looks like it's dripping down from the drivers side front near the front subframe/ drivers wheel arch tub area. I've spent far more time under the car than I've intended but I'm not sure what to do from here.

Only thing of note is that after I bled the caliper with the eezibleed for the final time the brake fluid bottle was very full up to the brim, I had to use a syringe to draw it back down to the max level.

Any advice would be appreciated. I do like the car but I've only had it a couple of months and it seems to be off the road much more than it's on and I've spent a fair wedge on cambelts, bodywork and now the brakes.

Last edited by GutsyDogWagon; 30th July 2021 at 14:12..