Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2021, 01:06   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Sold

... the ZT.

Sadly I've been contemplating selling the MG's, I don't really know why, but something just felt right. My health has taken a nose dive and quite frankly cars are the last thing on my mind at present.

I sold the TF just before Christmas to this lovely guy, he also wanted to buy the ZT right there and then, but I wasn't ready to sell at that point.

However it got me thinking, it wasn't about the money, I guess it was my laziness in having to maintain the cars. I'm not getting any younger and with my rubbish health at present I just didn't want the extra burden.

I didn't advertise the ZT as the guy just came and bought her with no quibbles. These cars are true future classics, so don't go selling yours cheaply guys, I let mine go for £2500 and the TF sold for £2750, these cars speak for themselves as you know.

This now means my TF and ZT are now back together again, the guy also has a garage, this has made me very happy as both cars will be kept dry and warm. John is his name and comes from America, he must be one of the nicest genuine guys you will ever meet, I have no doubt he will love and cherish the ZT and the TF as much as we have.

So today we said our goodbyes to our gorgeous beauty, she has given us so much joy over the six years of ownership, not forgetting the blood sweat and tears. Most importantly the enjoyable car shows and club meets where we have had the pleasure of making some wonderful amazing friends, this just reinforces how wonderful the MG Rover brand is, not forgetting the great success of this club and everyone involved including all it's superb members.

I originally joined this club back in 2009 with a wedgewood blue 75 Club, I received a very warm welcome and knew right from the start this was a very nice place to be. I was so impressed with the 75 I actually went and bought another 75 in the same webgewood blue colour two weeks later, this obviously led me onto the ZT's, the MK1 being one of the best cars I have ever owned.

I still hope to be around in the future, you cant get rid of me that easily, my health allowing that is. A huge thanks for now guys and girls, I hope to be posting soon, with love and best wishes to you all.

Drive those roads you beautiful car, continue to turn those heads, we will miss you.
Love forever, Dallas family.

Last edited by Dallas; 2nd February 2021 at 01:20..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 06:52   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Well done on the sale, you look after yourself
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 07:31   #3
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Sorry to hear you've been in ill health mate - hopefully see you further down the line when you're feeling better and have bought another!!
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 07:45   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good to know you are still going to be around. The lure of a MG Rover will always be there Wes. Glad to hear from you. Keep safe mate.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 08:14   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Dallas, take good care of yourself.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 08:24   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Get yourself sorted Wes, the right car will be there for you when you are better.
Old 2nd February 2021, 08:56   #7
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Cars of any make, getting to around 20 years old, need some fettling to keep them sweet. Rolling around on cold, damp concrete or any other surface in the wintertime doesn't seem to be as much fun as it did years ago. I used to maintain a fleet of vehicles up North, in all weathers. Recovering HGV s from slush covered motorways, freezing cold and wet through used to be the order of the day. Warming yourself in a flow of diesel fumes from the exhaust of a recovery truck used to be a pleasure.

My recent exploits, almost gassing myself with paint fumes in the heated garage had me thinking too!

I may not be far behind you but what to have in the Rover's place is a minefield. I would like something simple, well built, turboless and high enough to get in and out with ease!

Take care and stay safe. Good health is the most important thing.
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:22   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Cars of any make, getting to around 20 years old, need some fettling to keep them sweet. Rolling around on cold, damp concrete or any other surface in the wintertime doesn't seem to be as much fun as it did years ago. I used to maintain a fleet of vehicles up North, in all weathers. Recovering HGV s from slush covered motorways, freezing cold and wet through used to be the order of the day. Warming yourself in a flow of diesel fumes from the exhaust of a recovery truck used to be a pleasure.

My recent exploits, almost gassing myself with paint fumes in the heated garage had me thinking too!

I may not be far behind you but what to have in the Rover's place is a minefield. I would like something simple, well built, turboless and high enough to get in and out with ease!

Take care and stay safe. Good health is the most important thing.

Couldn't agree more. Maintenance is getting more and more demanding and difficult. For me the time has come to part with my CDT saloon after 10 years, MOT failure end of last autumn with spreading tin worm at the rear, and after having stood for most of last year doing very little, I don't actually need it. I'm spending more time fiddling with my bikes in the relative shelter of the garage, and we've still go the 1.8t tourer (for now). Just one or two more choice bits to remove to go on ebay and I'll be calling the scrappers next week. I don't want to be rolling around under a car when it's cold and wet - usually takes me a few days to recover. And when it's not cold and wet I've got better things to do.

My Hat is off to Dallas for letting go when the cars are still in good enough condition to sell. It's not easy (hence the 3+ months and mine is still on the driveway!)

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:26   #9
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thanks guys, it sure was a difficult decision to make, Tracey and I had a tear in our eye as she was driven away. It feels very odd this morning not seeing the ZT or the TF sat on the drive in their usual places, will take some getting used to.

I still have the Capri to enjoy, you will all have to forgive me for owning a Ford badge, but it does feel nice to only have the one car to maintain, not forgetting the daily driver being the Dacia which makes two I guess.

I honestly didn't think I would sell the two MG's, it's funny how people's priorities can change when they are at their most vulnerable. We go in search for answers to try and make life a little better, I guess we should never say never.

Thanks again guys.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:32   #10
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Sad to see you MG less mate but you still have the Capri, and as they say
"Your'e never alone with a Ford" .....
There's always a mechanic with you..
Keep well mate.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote