Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2021, 14:10   #1
Salisbury789

none at the moment

Default Promise made to westonboy !!

When I purchased my Rover 75 from Alan (WESTONBOY) back in July of last year a promise I made to him at the time was that not only would I look after the car but it would be "cherished". Since purchasing the car I've had the good fortune to have been given a "plastic" grill from a like minded Rover enthusiast friend so the original chrome one is off now for the duration of the winter. As well, I've purchased a complete set of "woodgrain" transfers for everything from the window switches, interior lights surrounds to the cup holders in the back, chrome door cups (yes, they where COSTLY !!) and my latest acquisition - a Rover "St. Christopher" (the patron Saint of travellers for those that are unaware !!) grill badge. Yes, Alan - promise being kept ! in fact, if it takes place this year I'm hoping to get "Gilbert2 entered into the "Pride of Longbridge" (I know it's a Cowley car !!) event this year - watch this space Sir !!!!
Salisbury789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 19:07   #2
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Thank you for the update John. I would never have let Gilbert the Rover out of my ownership unless I was entirely confident that he was going to be thoroughly pampered as he allways was with me. With a build date of 14/2/2000 Gilbert is now one of the senior members of the marque, and I suggest one of the most solid examples. I was pleased to see that the MOT was passed recently, and look forward to you contributing to this website as and when so I can read how the old boy is getting on.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote