Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2009, 11:55   #11
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegroboi View Post
The only cars that will be traded for this will be those that have been well maintained and their owners can afford a new car, the old polluting wrecks will still be driven because the owners will not be able to afford to buy a new car whether 2 grand is on offer or not.

False economy and only boosting the motor industry for new cars. What will happen to cars like ours with this kind of scheme, there will be less incentive to produce the parts because there would be less demand, not just our cars though.

I considered not getting my car because of the potential car tax rises, then I thought I am not letting the government dictate to me the kind of car I can an cannot drive and I have always had nice cars and will continue to do so for as long as I can. Secondhand cars in our sector make very good economic sense.
Well said, couldn't agree more as the same is happening here too, but with even less incentives
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 11:59   #12
M3NDEREZ
Posted a thing or two

R75 DUB Saloon Connoisseur CDT + Synergy2

Oh I don't know.. I can think of a few people, myself included, who'd pick up barely running Saxo's and 106's for £50 just to trade them in for £2K off a new car I'd intended to buy anyway.. That might do away with a few of the real sheds..

Still, I've never bought a new car, and unless I have a lottery win, I doubt I ever will.. With superb used car services from the likes of BMW where you literally specify every detail down to the options and colour of the leather, and they bring it to your nearest dealership, I really can't justify losing all that money as soon as I drive off the forecourt..

STILL WANTED: Black Leather & Chrome Auto Gearknob, Diesel Cruise ECU, EGR Bypass.
M3NDEREZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 12:37   #13
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club CDT & 73' MG Midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NDEREZ View Post
Oh I don't know.. I can think of a few people, myself included, who'd pick up barely running Saxo's and 106's for £50 just to trade them in for £2K off a new car I'd intended to buy anyway.. That might do away with a few of the real sheds..

Still, I've never bought a new car, and unless I have a lottery win, I doubt I ever will.. With superb used car services from the likes of BMW where you literally specify every detail down to the options and colour of the leather, and they bring it to your nearest dealership, I really can't justify losing all that money as soon as I drive off the forecourt..
100% agree, it swings in roundabouts.

PS You car looks lovely in your sig
eddybrown is offline   Reply With Quote