Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th November 2015, 19:45   #21
Spenrex
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Things are not always as they seem. The Russians have been heavily bombing the Turkmen population of this part of Syria who are part of the moderate opposition to Assad that we in the West have been supporting along with Turkey. Turkey have for many days been requesting that Russia stops bombing the Syrian Turkmen population and concentrate their efforts on Isis. Unfortunately as ever Putin has his own agenda which is to divide NATO which by some of the previous posts appears to be working. We need to concentrate all of our efforts confronting Isis and not being drawn in by Putin's malicious and dangerous games!
Spenrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 23:09   #22
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Breaking news

'Hostage situation' in northern French town of Roubaix
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34917226
I was going to go to Belgium this Friday... Plans cancelled by Alison- binding brake caliper- glad she did. We actually pass VERY close to the French town mentioned when we go there...

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 06:38   #23
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
I was going to go to Belgium this Friday... Plans cancelled by Alison- binding brake caliper- glad she did. We actually pass VERY close to the French town mentioned when we go there...
Hopefully things will all calm down and get back to normal.
There's always next time Stu
Old 25th November 2015, 09:54   #24
ihoo
Regular poster

Rover 75

Second pilot rescued! Defence minister said this.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:21   #25
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoo View Post
Second pilot rescued! Defence minister said this.

That's good news.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 11:20   #26
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It’s very worrying, but even more worrying when the general public form strongly put views without corroborated evidence of what actually happened. Many wars have started because of the lack of information rather than with a full and effective understanding of events. For instance, I recommend a good reading of Ottoman/Russo history and the continuing sensitivities of the two huge empires that folded, leaving unfinished and continuing political difficulties.

In the present action it might be useful to remember the recent NATO warning to Russia that the alleged repeated incursions into Turkish air space were contrary to their membership of the group and should stop, which was ignored.

The latest shooting down of the ‘plane was after 10 warnings to the pilots of the two aircraft were given over a short time interval (all recorded real time and produced). One pilot broke away and diverted, the other continued on his flight path. Turkey immediately produced radar trace evidence of the flight path and position of the aircraft shot down. Further, it is alleged that the pilot who ejected was shot by ‘rebels’ and not the Turkish military.

Putin is fighting a lengthy battle domestically over the Russian economy and is always conscious of his vulnerability – it’s a tightrope in any country.

It appears Turkey responded legally, if not sensibly, to a very real and challenging incursion into its territory by an aggressive neighbour in troubled times and when Russia’s intentions are by no means clear.

Cool heads are called for in international diplomatic affairs, not sabre rattling, and tempers need to be tempered.
Old 25th November 2015, 18:15   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
The Turks shooting down the air craft was bad, but also killing the pilot as he ejected and was going to land. Disgraceful.
I too feel uncomfortable with the downing of the Russian jet in the circumstances so far reported and the killing of the pilot who no longer posed a threat is despicable and ethically no different to the killing by ISIS of the Jordanian pilot earlier this year. These type of killings contravene the Geneva Convention and I hope that those responsible are eventually brought to justice and that NATO and its allies think again about who they give support to.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 19:46   #28
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I too feel uncomfortable with the downing of the Russian jet in the circumstances so far reported and the killing of the pilot who no longer posed a threat is despicable and ethically no different to the killing by ISIS of the Jordanian pilot earlier this year. These type of killings contravene the Geneva Convention and I hope that those responsible are eventually brought to justice and that NATO and its allies think again about who they give support to.
I dont think the people who shot the pilot have ever heard of the Geneva Convention.

Thinking about it after seeing what happened to the young Jordanian pilot i think a bullet is better than being torched in a cage .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 19:57   #29
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I agree with you, During WW2 the Luftwaffe and RAF were told, its not kills its destroying enemy aircraft.

If pilot ejects then there out of the fight and that's it. don't go around for other fly by and kill him while he was defenceless, there's no honour any of that and betrays the moral code in all aspects.

The pilot that killed the Russian airmen, I hope to god he gets punished, even better Russian SU33 Flankers go after him.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 20:05   #30
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
I agree with you, During WW2 the Luftwaffe and RAF were told, its not kills its destroying enemy aircraft.

If pilot ejects then there out of the fight and that's it. don't go around for other fly by and kill him while he was defenceless, there's no honour any of that and betrays the moral code in all aspects.

The pilot that killed the Russian airmen, I hope to god he gets punished, even better Russian SU33 Flankers go after him.
It was Turkman rebels that shot the pilot Davy .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote