Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2017, 08:29   #41
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

I'm afraid I don't have the equipment available to do any empirical tests on airbag deployment so would have to rely on the data of manufactures and the various safety standards bodies that do such things. I can't see where I ever offered any figures, just input into how I interpret airbag operation.

As I'm sure you realise, IQ tests only test the ability of the taker to take IQ tests, completely pointless then, and a man sausage waving competition is not on my agenda.

Have a nice life, and drink in moderation.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 10:55   #42
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Can we all stay civil to each other please?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 12th March 2017 at 10:58..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 11:15   #43
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Can we all stay civil to each other please?
My apologies to the rest of the forum members, I did lose my cool a little just then. I don't think I need say anything further. I will now confine any further comments on this thread to the subject of the OP alone, and refrain from responding to any further abuse.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 17:54   #44
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Why argue when there is enough room to fight??

anyway, there seems to be the general confusion that one would expect, when the butcher and the baker discuss physics.

As for the example with something thrown into the air, it is rather simple.
the item continues to accelerate until it leaves your hand (and the force you have applied to it). After that it will continue to decelerate, until it reaches its ultimate high, which will correspond to a relative motion of zero. After that, it will accelerate the whole way down to earth, (unless you have thrown it so high, that it reaches a terminal velocity, meaning the acceleration working on it (gravity) will balance the resistance from the air, and the item will reach a steady speed.)
It will then decelerate violently as it hits the ground, which should trigger the air bag.

That is the theory, but some airbags are triggered by shocks, like hitting a curb or, in my case, cracking the oil pan on a stone. These events provide a sharp knock, localised, but none or slight deceleration of the car only, if any at all! These are cases where the deployment of an airbag is not wanted, and where it is downright dangerous.

Last edited by kaiser; 13th March 2017 at 17:56..
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote