Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th October 2018, 07:39   #31
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
In the summer my Rover 75 was a complete joy.
Winter however was a nightmare. Scraping the INSIDE of the window screen and doors sticking.......

And that's why I've just spent some £££'s with Trebor & Devilish to have a fully working FBH with remote & cabin heater linked in.

Looking forward to my warm interior when it gets frosty.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 15:42   #32
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
And that's why I've just spent some £££'s with Trebor & Devilish to have a fully working FBH with remote & cabin heater linked in.

Looking forward to my warm interior when it gets frosty.

Andy.
Hoping to get mine hooked up weekend after next - are you using a remote, timer or gsm to activate It??
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 06:20   #33
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRover View Post
Hoping to get mine hooked up weekend after next - are you using a remote, timer or gsm to activate It??
It's on a remote at the moment. There's a small LED wired in above the interior mirror which shows when its "on." Devilish is a star

Maybe looking at gsm - I'll see how I get on with the remote first.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 11:30   #34
Steve1966
Loves to post

2000 W Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Man Club (SE)

I am hoping to avoid this dilemma in 3 weeks time at the MOT. Almost 19 years old, 175k miles, rusty sill and an all original rear suspension set-up. I'm expecting corrosion to cause a major costly MOT failure this year or next. But...77k miles in less than 7 years, a daily driver, and zero breakdowns. What 18 year old car can boast that? Having said that the cloth trim is starting to bubble and peel in various places so old age will become a factor eventually. 2nd but..I've been to the Lake District 14 times in the last 2 years (460 mile round trip) and she flies. Last trip virtually no cars overtook us on 200 miles of the M6 (if you get my drift). Living with the stress of the impending doom is a daily struggle.

Spyhole, Thermostat, IMG (x2), Front ARB Drop links (x3 pairs), Rear Damper, Coils/HT Leads, Heater Matrix, Unions, 13x tyres, Gearbox Oil, Full Service (x3), Water pump & belts, LH/RH lower arm & bushes, Front/Rear pads/Discs, Fr door finishers, Track Rods, Jule's intake tube, Clutch, Slave, DMF (ouch), 1 1/2 exhausts, front springs/top mounts, Jule's Fan upgrade/condenser, reverse gear switch, OSR upper arm, spring, and sill welding. 78,000miles (175,600m total).
Steve1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 13:25   #35
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Good luck - it's awful when you have to decide if your faithful old hack is no longer an economic proposition. Then it comes down to what are the alternatives you would replace it with. Do you love it enough to spend some cash on it? And if you do, how long before you have to spend more? I have a rule of thumb, if I can keep a car I like on the road for £400 a year, I hang onto it. Rust doesn't generally leave you stranded, - unreliability does. I know people who have spent £1,000 on welding a rarish car worth £2,000 max, just because they love it, and know what has been done already. It puts the smile back on your face, and that can be priceless!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote